Clutch Lever Locking Screw Popped Out!

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by Aleebi, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Aleebi

Aleebi New Member

Hi guys, so yesterday I was riding my bike like usual when suddenly the locking screw from my clutch handlebar fell out! Any suggestions on what I should do?
    For reference, the part I'm referring to is circled.

The bike works fine, but in order to idle I have to hold the clutch lever down instead of relying on the lock to do it for me.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

2. Aleebi

Aleebi New Member

3. Bzura

Bzura Member

I'm not sure about fixing it as I've never dug into the mechanics of the lever, but if you wanted to replace it I just searched ebay & saw a bunch offered there. You can get a new one for under $10 shipped to your door.
  4. sboricic

sboricic New Member

I've used a cable tie wrapped loosely enough around the handle bar and have used it to lock the clutch before. The only problem is, you need 2 hands to do so.
  5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Just get yourself a centrifugal clutch for the engine, and be done with messing around. A bonus is that you get to keep the original manual clutch when bolting on the accessory centrifugal clutch kit
  6. velzie

velzie Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I still have the little disc that hooks into the bottom and am thinking of using something like JBweld to attatch it.
  7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I just had a brilliant IDEA! Buy a better quality clutch handle setup and be done with it. Is the handle going to fall off next?