Clutch Lever Locking Screw Popped Out!

Aleebi

Local time
7:41 PM
1.jpg

Hi guys, so yesterday I was riding my bike like usual when suddenly the locking screw from my clutch handlebar fell out! Any suggestions on what I should do?
For reference, the part I'm referring to is circled.

The bike works fine, but in order to idle I have to hold the clutch lever down instead of relying on the lock to do it for me.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about fixing it as I've never dug into the mechanics of the lever, but if you wanted to replace it I just searched ebay & saw a bunch offered there. You can get a new one for under $10 shipped to your door.

I've used a cable tie wrapped loosely enough around the handle bar and have used it to lock the clutch before. The only problem is, you need 2 hands to do so.

Just get yourself a centrifugal clutch for the engine, and be done with messing around. A bonus is that you get to keep the original manual clutch when bolting on the accessory centrifugal clutch kit

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I still have the little disc that hooks into the bottom and am thinking of using something like JBweld to attatch it.

I just had a brilliant IDEA! Buy a better quality clutch handle setup and be done with it. Is the handle going to fall off next?

Back