clutch pin wont move in

quanzus

Local time
12:55 AM
Hello, I just bought an 80 cc bike motor kit from ebay and I am having problems with the clutch. From what I learn from these forums, when the clutch arm is pulled, it pushes the clutch pin inwards. However, my pin won't go in any further. i tried pushing in by hand and it still doesn't even budge. Some manuals tell you that if you open the right side of the engine, and remove the small locking screw, and push the clutch pin in, the clutch adjust nut can be adjusted but when I push the clutch pin in, nothing on the right side moves either. When my chain is attached to the sprocket and wheel, it is very hard to pedal. Please tell me what is wrong with my clutch and how to fix it?
Thank you.

Attachments

• clutch pin all the way in1.JPG
    clutch pin all the way in1.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 729
  • clutch pressed1.JPG
    clutch pressed1.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 762
  • Clutch not pressed1.JPG
    Clutch not pressed1.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 784
Oh I just reassembled the cover plate really quickly to take the picture to show the range of movement of the clutch arm.If I tighten the screw further, I suppose the range of movement would be even less since the clutch pin wont even budge. If my hands at full strength can't even move the pin in, I doubt the handle lever can do much either. Not to be rude, but I don't think the loose screw is the problem.

you cannot push in the rod by hand,the lever has more force when the cable pulls it.
with the cover on,you are able to push the lever in with 2 hands.

Back