Clutch Clutch plate spring???

Bwhaley6

Local time
8:10 AM
I can't get my clutch to disengage I took the flower nut off and removed the plate and there wasn't a spring behind it. There is suppose to be a spring there right? I have ordered a spring but was wondering does that spring just sit behind the plate or do I need to take the clutch apart further to install the spring?

Just so I understand the spring would just slides over the nut. Sounds easy enough! Thank You!!

Is it still "engaged" when you take the plate off? If so, a spring won't fix your problem. My new motor needed a bit of jogging about and spinning of the sprocket to disengage at first.

Well so far I have put a new plate spring on because there never was one to begin with I have replaced the woodruff key on the sprocket side of the clutch shaft and I still cannot get my bike to free wheel while the motor is running. If I loosen the flower nut I can't get the motor to start. My clutch cable moves the clutch arm as it should there isn't any major wear on the camshaft for the clutch arm, the bucking bar and actuator bearing look good. I'm starting to think I need to replace the main clutch shaft. How do I get this out? Do I just pound it out or do I have to remove the bearings if so how do I get them out also?

did you carefully read the clutch adjustment steps - that shaft almost never is the problem

yours sounds like it's out of adjustment at the cable or flower nut

No instructions I've watched several videos on clutch adjustment though and feel like I've tried everything and don't know what else to try? Is there somewhere I can get a manual or something I can read and go through step by step?

the steps are listed here a LOT of times & places - read them and do cable, then flower nut, then cable again

Well I took my clutch cable completely off the bike and reinstalled it and not really sure what is different about it now but it is better now. I also kept adjusting the flower nut in small increments and I can get the clutch to disengage if I pull the clutch lever all the way in. So it is better than it was and it will work for now.

Back