Clutch Clutch problem with the Zbox Super 48-3

Zesty

Local time
11:03 PM
I believe the clutch is not working, I'm guessing that when you pull the clutch its meant to let you peddle without the engine trying to turn over although this isn't happening. Anyone know anything about this?
Sorry about the lack of know how this is the first time I've tried building one of these.
Cheers,
Dylan.

Tighten clutch cable

Correct. If it wont petal freely need to adjust so it pulls clutch harder, so it can dis enguage. It'll be tight

Family

There are so many recources and knowing people here ready to help you. The answers will come. keep the questions coming.

ok well iv tightened it as much as it can and still wont work, any other quick fix's you know of?

Sounds like your clutch cable isnt tight enough, try to push your clutch arm a little, then use a set of locking pliers to hold the steel cable while you tighten the brass fitting.

either that or buy a clutch roller from Al.Fisherman... I think he only charges like $12. Totally worth the money.

Hello Dylan,
Often, the clutch plates are stuck together with a new kit.
If you're still having trouble, you might need to remove the RHS side-cover and partly dismantle the clutch to free it up.
Remove the Philips screw near the middle of the clutch assembly, (it serves to lock the clover nut), then undo the clover nut. (Count the turns to aid in reassembly.)
N.B. It's easiest to undo the clover nut with the clutch lever in and pinned.
The upper clutch plate will now come off. (You might need to prise it off if it's stuck.)
The rear wheel can probably be turned now without the motor turning with it. If not, jam a rag in the primary gears, then roll the bike forward. You might need to lean some weight on it.
By now, the clutch should be free, I hope, so reassemble, re-adjust and try again.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back