clutch problems

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Nicholas Thompson1999999, Mar 19, 2016.

1. rear wheel drags occasionally turns while attempting to pedal with clutch pulled in and same when clutch is out wheel won't turn when in the air either but turns fine with the chain to the engine off

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

if this is new motor, than clutch may be stuck from sitting - take off cover and pull clutch, if plate moves out & gets loose but clutch is still stuck GENTLY tap with a hammer

if plate does not move out read about adjusting cable & flower nut

3. I will try this tomorrow unfortunately am not able to today any other suggestions as well because it is a cheap 80cc Chinese engine kit

4. also it has some weird small flower nut I tried to remove before but couldn't I had to turn the entire clutch by hand to get my chain on

5. crassius

if you push clutch arm in by hand, the flower nut gets loose

6. I pushed in the clutch arm the flower nut doesn't get loose

7. crassius

if you felt the spring tension working against you when you pushed the arm, that usually means the whole clutch is moving out - you'll need to check that key is in place & clutch hub is properly seated on the shaft - when hub isn't seated, this will be a bit hard to do, but must be done