Clutch Clutch tension?

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by Herrmanator8, May 31, 2007.

1. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

after putting my engine all together i whent to put the clutch wire on the clutch lever (on the engine) i pushed the lever and it was really tough to push. i put the clutch wire through the end and tightened the holding piece. and pulled the clutch handle all the way back but the clutch lever on the engine didnt move. possibly slack in the wire but i dont think thats the problem. i think theres too much pressure on the clutch, is this normal?

thnx, jon :???:

2. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

its ok , once you have the cable hooked up ,take a pair of pliers and loosen the small set screw on the cable at the cluch arm and pull it tight and retighten the screw....that should take care of it
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

basic clutch info, pics of a proper install:

the pull is harder than first expected, but you'll get used to & it will lessen a bit with use. note how little travel is needed to disengage.
  4. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

Thaks for the suggestions and info, ill try those ideas

Thanks again, Jon
  5. spunout

spunout Member

it's important you don't have any sharp-angle kinks in the cable, and oil the cable sheath w/motor oil. And where the cable goes through the 'tower' (i guess is what we're calling it)on the engine, a sharp angle will rub it 'til it snaps. see DrClabo's picture here:
    8) 8)