clutch to rapid fire gear changer?

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by zippinaround, Sep 1, 2013.

1. zippinaround

zippinaround Active Member

i just hooked my clutch up to a rapid fire gear changer haven't tried it out yet! but now will be able to have two brakes! maybe i should hook the clutch to the lever and the brake to the gear changer? will try it out tomorrow and see.

2. zippinaround

seems to work well! took it for about a 3km run and towards the end the clutch wouldnt disengage i had to move the arm by hand just a touch and then it kicked in. may need another spring in there somewhere.
  3. professor

professor Active Member

Zip, I don't know what you are doing, but there is a dual brake lever set-up available so you can brake both ends with one hand.
    That's what I went with. Of course, there is more effort onto that hand lever (doing the job of 2 levers) but it works good. Not expensive. I have braking and throttle on the right and clutch, trigger shifter for the engine gears on the left. Simple.
  4. zippinaround

ya i thought about hooking them both to one lever but i'd prefer to have seperate levers just what i prefer! this works pretty well engage the clutch using your thumb disengage with index finger and both the brakes are hooked up as normal.