Clutch won't move lever.

R

Rockchuck

Hey guys, this is a stupid question, but I'm having a problem with my clutch lever, when I pull it In, there is no resistance for the first half of the way down, and then I get a little resistance for the last half. The lever barely moves, and I know it's a stupid problem, but could someone tell me what to do?

Sounds like you have some slack in the cable. Make sure it is as short and straight as is sensible. Use sharp cable cutters or a dremel with a cutting wheel to get a clean cut when shortening the cable and outer.

There is some adjustment to be done in the clutch itself though, on a new engine it is often tightened right down.
With the clutch cover (right side) off you should be able to see the clutch plate separate by about 2mm from the pads when you push the arm in. Be very careful not to strip the little locking screw that keeps the flower nut locked.

First off "THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS" Next judt pull the slack out until its tight, if the clutch arm on the engine is to far in? you mighht need to pull it off and reposition it so it sticks out far enough to engage . yah get what i mean? just reposition the engines clutcharm so it sticks out far enough

Back