Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by davidsis, Feb 18, 2008.

1. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Where can I get a replacement clutch how much does one cost, and how do I replace it? My back wheel will slip a when starting it not skid, but turn and not turn the engine over, and when I adjust so it doesn't do it if I pick up the back of the bike the wheel will begin to turn on its own, or is this normal? Would have went to a thread, but no find.

2. WOAH! That's a good question. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread.
    If I'm not mistaken,I read here those little square things just pop on and off. You would think someone has a replacement...I wonder if one could just reuse these know..replace the square clutch material.
  3. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Not having stripped an engine apart yet, I assume at this point the square clutch things are more than likely to be the same material as brake-shoe linings ( asbestos compound).
    If that is the case, then most automotive brake re-lining services might be able to re-line the clutch plate. I think brake linings come in sheets at wholesale level before they are cut up into brake shoes.
    I am only assuming and stand to be corrected if no MB clutch replacment disks/kits are available.
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

I believe mike simpson (motorbikemike), said he sells them
    I remember spunout looking for them...I think it was last summer
  5. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

You can get can get just the pads or the whole clutch plate with pads on it from Dennis Foster.But i don't think it is your clutch that is bad.I think its your adjustment.
  6. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

In the event that you clutch fiction plate pads are worn out, I found a site that offers replacement pads.
    I am not sure that they will fit all HT clutches but you could contact them to ask, hopefully they will respond to your request for information as I have not dealt with them myself. Maybe some else here as and has had a good experience with them. I have attached the parts .pdf from their site.

Attached Files:

7. dragbike

dragbike Guest

hey davidsis, Kings motor bike has the clutch disk w/pads,the cost is
    $18.00 + 7.00 for shipping,I order one last year.

8. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Thanks everyone.
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest