Carby CNS bye bye

wan37

Local time
1:50 AM
I have a nt carb setting here to swap,but it won't go on the intake all the way.I thought about rubber washers.I think that wouldn't work either,because the intake gets hot and It might melt the rubber.any Idea's.I can buy a new carb but don't know which one too get? The reason I'm getting rid of the cns, because it slides around too much on intake.

Last edited:
Hey Wan,

I've had a CNS on shelf for yrs........(WON'T WORK) Go with "SPEED" carb.......I've got one with 1000 miles on it, and it works very well for $$$$.

I put the rubberized handle from a pair of pliers inside the carb opening and reamed it open a tiny bit more. Worked like a charm.

I've got a two stroke carb from a B&S lawnmower engine. Of any interest? to anybody? It's rebuilt and pretty clean. I just don't have the time, they sell for $50 + shipping on E-bay. I'd pass it along for 1/2 that to one of my brothers here.

Just an idea for ya's! I got to **** old too quick! LOL!

I've got a two stroke carb from a B&S lawnmower engine. Of any interest? to anybody? It's rebuilt and pretty clean. I just don't have the time, they sell for $50 + shipping on E-bay. I'd pass it along for 1/2 that to one of my brothers here.

Just an idea for ya's! I got to **** old too quick! LOL!

briggs & stratton made a 2 stroke? on a lawnmower?? I never knew that.

I just don't understand.It still runs like **** with the nt carb too hard starting at times and no mid throttle at times,back fires and cuts out.It will idle for a couple minutes and then idle down and then die hard to start it again then.Please help me with this I'm tired of thinking what it could be.

Last edited:
I just don't understand.It still runs like **** with the nt carb too hard starting at times and no mid throttle at times,back fires and cuts out.It will idle for a couple minutes and then idle down and then die hard to start it again then.Please help me with this I'm tired of thinking what it could be.

not sure if this has been covered with you yet or not...
but do you have anything hooked to the white wire from the engine?
is the white wire cut off and capped so it can't contact anything?
the problem that you are describing is exactly what will happen if something is hooked to the white wire or if the white wire is grounding out against something.
You may already know this, but I just had to suggest it.

I had a light hook to the white for a long time but cut it off about a month ago and caped the end.Yes I thought that is why I cut it and caped it.So
I thought it might have ruined my coil or cdi.Because it hasn't got any better.I really am Out of Idea's.

I would place my bet that your coil is weak. weak spark will also cause the same issues that you are describing.(from what i've personally seen anyway.) I just went through this same thing on my friends bike, and the coil was the culprit. he too had a light hooked to the white wire for awhile and then out of the blue, the engine wouldn't run very well, it would pop out the exhaust, lose power and die when you would try to idle it.
having a light hooked to the white wire will cause your coil to be overworked.
I have no idea how to test a coil tho, so you may want to find out how to do that, just to rule it out.

Back