cns carb. JUNK ?

CNS has been nothing but a paper weight on desk. What's so funny, is I really made sure that the (2010 Skyhawk CNS) was going to come with kit for a major boost in performance.

REALITY--------------- I had a lot of papers on my desk that were blowing around, and I needed to have something I could put down on top of them to anchor them down. Awwww, CNS can hold down about a foot of paper stationary on my desk all at one time!!!! Thanks CNS from Skyhawk!!! It looks really good just sitting there on top!!~

Good to know. But its the lack of room for a gasket between the carb and where it mounts to the pipe coming from the engine that troubles me. The opening on this carb is just so small.
I guess i will try cutting a washer type gasket go in between. I just need to try not to make aluminum shavings again when sliding the carb in place.

Last edited:
CNS carb

Hmmm.... When I do the building of the next three bikes this Spring, I will render my instructions regarding the CNS carb. I've set up three of them so far, and they do require effort to overcome the "CA SMOG" issues... Kalifornicatia cannot alter a mechanical device without destroying it- you should see the 'recommendations' they impose on firearms manufacturers.
STEP 1- pull off the air cleaner and PLUG THE BYPASS HOSE WITH A SCREW!!!! That way, externally there is no alteration. STEP 2- Open up the throttle handle and shave off some plastic where the throttle stops. The wretched thing is set up to run super lean- the only way it can do that is to run high idle. If you reduce the stop buffer of the white plastic on the handle, you can reduce the idle. Then it's an issue of RTV gasket sealant to mount the carb- that's it in a nutshell, but images will certainly help

Sounds like you've worked something out?! Appreciate if you have any images of what you've done to get the CNS to work?

Thanks...................

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,078
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:
Thanks Lazydog, but I couldn't get site to come up? If anybody has pics just please send them on....................

Thanks again. I just know that this CNS has the capability of being better than the "Speed" carb I'm using. (HOPE I'M RIGHT???)

I just ordered one from BGF, im sure its a clone of it
then later found out that offset intake tube doesnt come with it, so I had to scramble around to find one of those

Hopefully I dont run into any issues but at least I got my stock carb working great I can always throw that back in

ive been searching a ton about this carb, on another site they had pictures of what all the hoses or nipples do

for the idle air tighter is what, richer or leaner?

I finally got my cns clone carb working
The first time I tried it the idle was very high and erratic. Im wondering if then I had some sort of intake leak. But top speed was 4-5 mph slower then my stock carb no matter what adjustments I made to the air screw.
I had read they all needed to be drilled out larger, but from my little experience it seemed too rich.

So I had ordered a small set of drill bits and finally got around to trying it again. I noted the stock jet is a 72. After going one size larger and up to 3 sizes smaller I found 70 to work the best. This is drilled jets, not bought ones.
But the idle was always perfect, so im not sure why this time there were no problems I even used the same intake (stock) some reason the offset would still allow it to hit my frame. Didnt use the offset originally either.

Now my acceleration from a dead stop is smoother, better and I gained 2mph top speed on my short top speed run I do with my gps. I have not done an official all out top speed run yet.

So I would suggest anyone who buys one, either buy the jets from sickbikeparts or a small set of drill bits and be prepared to rejet it both directions.
It really doesnt take that much time to do it, the carb is so easy to take in and out.
I also had to adjust the needle for mid range smoothness too once I got the main figured out

I had a cns carb and i only ran it on my bike for a few days.
It was a pile of **** in my opinion!
yes, i know how to tune carbs and this cns would not respond to any tuning that i did.
this included re-jetting, air-fuel mixture tuning, jet needle settings...everything.
The carb made my bike slower by about 5 mph as compaired to the stock nt carb.
not only that, but it would not stay tight to the intake tube.
my good old stock (re-jetted, tuned, high flow air filter) nt carb gets my bike up to 32 mph, without any 4 stroking, and it will sit and idle all day long.
with the cns, i was lucky to get 25 mph out of it and it idled like ****.

Back