Carby CNS v2 Carb Tuning - w/casualty

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by lazydog, Oct 16, 2011.

1. lazydog

lazydog Member

Well I got it written with pics. Put my bike back together went out for a ride and well... The worst happens! "CLINK" "RATTLE" the carb falls off. About 7 miles from home. Amazingly I was able to ride it it home with very little loss in performance, nothing more then 2 zip ties lol. walking again... dammmmm pics below - moral is "Never leave home without zip ties and duct tape"

anyone with an extra CNS v2 they can sell cheap?

Admittedly I never used the plug color tuning guides never have not even my dirt bikes nothing, I've always went on sound and feel. dont get so hung up because you read something that says _______ if it runs great and sounds good (with'in reason of course) how can it be wrong.

Anyways disappointingly here it is hope it can help someone.

www.hd-computers.com/temp/CNS v2 adjusting tech sheet.doc

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

2. Dakman

Dakman New Member

whats going on with your clutch lever ?

3. lazydog

lazydog Member

Just extended and angled for more leverage and straighter linear pull, it's super easy and smooth now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. tn97kouki

tn97kouki New Member

You didn't have to drill the jet to get it running well ? I finally have mine doing pretty good . I drilled the jet a couple sizes larger and have tweaked practically ever adjustment 12,000 times . It's not perfect but is is a big improvement .

5. lazydog

lazydog Member

No, everyone I've seen so far seem to have way too much fuel flowing by factory setting. My air/fuel is only about a 3/4 turn.

6. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

12,000 and still tweaking :p

7. tn97kouki

tn97kouki New Member

Never give up! lol