Coaster brake hub failure

I got brake

I have a rear hub from a 99 that o9nly has 11 miles on it.. Want it Cheap??

I have a rear hub from a 99 that o9nly has 11 miles on it.. Want it Cheap??

I might take you up on that offer. But first I'll wait to see what Whizzer will do. I e-mailed them and got this reply:
"Thank you for your mail. This is a very unusual failure. Please send me the bike VIN # and where you are located. I will check with
our warranty group to see if we can help. We normally have the rear coaster brake but we are currently out of stock. Let me know the answers to my questions and I will see what we can do."

I'm sending them the info they need and I'll see what they'll do.
Even if they do come through with a replacement, I just might be interested in picking yours up as a spare.

Here's the reply I got from Dave at Whizzer:
" After discussing the rear wheel issue, we are going to send you a new rear wheel, without tire and tube for you to replace. I will also send a UPS call tag with the new wheel so you can return the defective wheel to us for our inspection. If you need any technical assistance to remove and replace the wheel, please call our toll free number at 1-877-944-9937 and we can help.
I will send the wheel today via UPS ground service. Any questions call me or email."

Those guys at Whizzer are the best!

Holy carp!! That's great. I just hope you told them it's a 24 inch. Between the Whizzer guys here (Quenton, Mike,and Bill) and Dave at Whizzer, we are covered. Woo Hoo.

Jim

My Whizzer coaster brake also does not work reliably, probably dry from being stored for 10 years.( I'm going through inspecting the whole bike this week) I'll do the brake at the same time as I fix my flat. It looks like upgradingthe rear brake would be better than just repairing the original. I was mildly disappointed that Whizzer would use such a "lightweight" method to stop my 220 pound mass. Luckily I have a copy of the dealers' repair manual.

Dave at Whizzer came through as he said he would. My new rear wheel arrived this morning, and I swapped the wheels out this evening. However, I noticed that the chain sprocket is a wee bit larger in diameter, as the chain is quite tight yet the drive belt isn't quite tight enough. I'll just have to pop a half-link into the chain, readjust the wheel in the dropouts and all will be hunky-dory again.

chain and belt

Hey, whynot just switch the 2 sprockets?
Only a wire clip holds it on.
I changed wifey's rear ratio that way myself, to make hers easier to pedal.

Mike

Back