coaster brake with sprocket ?

:LOL: scroll down and look in "similar threads" :p (i really like this new board :))

still, that was very nice of you to post a reminder, it is a good thread. you sure are a nice guy, at least that's what i hear ;)

whitedog: very good to know it helped, i'll be looking for new pics :cool:

Hi Augie,

Pix are a little delayed due to some unexpected overtime at work. Hope to get to it this weekend if not sooner.

Related question for the coaster break.... did you just use an angle grinder to widen the hole of the sprocket to clear the dust cover, how precise does the hole have to be, perfectly round. My Coaster arm was moved while on the bike, I forgot to bolt it down while checking clearance. It hit the frame and rotated. did I screw it up? Thanks for the help.
Stryker

you can be off on your grinding, as long as the sprocket is still centered
measure from rim to teeh and center it that way
I took a washer that was a little bigger than the dust cap under the brake arm and used a marker to make a circle on sprocket... then grind away !!!
(the sprocket is pretty hard steel, so it isn't a quick job !!!)

about the brake-arm moving...so long as the axle didn't rotate inside the arm-"holder"/cone & change your bearing adjustment, you should be fine. rotate it back to where it should be, not all the way around, which would change the adjustment.

Oh good, thats what I did by pure luck. It seems to be braking fine. I have the back up in the front, just in case things get crazy.

Thanks for all the Help. I used a 1 3/4 hole saw hooked up to the drill press at low rpm. chewed right throught the sproket and was perfect to clear the dust cover. 1 3/4 did the trick

you made that sound easy...glad it's working out. 1.75 is perfect, yup. how about some show-off pics when you're done?

Back