Columbia bike front suspension info needed

Traveler

Local time
1:21 AM
I am working on an old Columbia bike Whizzer project. After looking at several photos online, my bike seems to have the spring suspension installed backwards. I am attaching a photo. Can anyone give me some info about this particular bike, and the suspension info?. I think it is from the late 40s.

Attachments

• WhizzerT3.jpg
    WhizzerT3.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,025
I am working on an old Columbia bike Whizzer project. After looking at several photos online, my bike seems to have the spring suspension installed backwards. I am attaching a photo. Can anyone give me some info about this particular bike, and the suspension info?. I think it is from the late 40s.

Traveler, your suspicions are indeed correct. Here's a photo of one that I found on a vintage bicycle website. I hope this helps.
-Chris

Attachments

• 1952%20Columbia%205%20star%202.jpg
    1952%20Columbia%205%20star%202.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 878
I appreciate for the photos. I also did some more searching on the web, and all the vintage Columbia bikes with the suspension confirmed my suspicion. I will be changing my bike. I changed the suspension today to the normal configuration. NOW it looks like a Columbia bike. Thanks again for the advice.

Last edited:
Back