Come to Motor-Bicycle PARADISE!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gone_fishin, Jan 1, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

well, guess i shoulda said "come help us build motor-bicycles paradise."

i live in a small rv-park in ocean park, wa. it's called "black bear beach camp" & is owned by a dude just like us named leif. he's a 49 yo bicycle nut who has his own shop he keeps going just for a hobby. he & i met during my early motoring days, he fell in love with the concept and invited me to move in. i was given a 20ft rv, in very rough shape, but it's mine. i pay $225/mo lot-rent, that includes EVERYTHING (cable,too) except propane and phone.

we're about a 1/4 mile so of downtown ocean park, where you'll find 2 excellent grocery stores, one of which is also a kick-butt hardware store/gas station. there's a local "eagles" lounge, a marvelous watering hole called "doc's" that has THE best paytable billiards league/environment i've ever enjoyed, pizza, diners, one great seafood place with excellent cuisine, a public library, and not much else but the coolest wilderness areas/parks & TONS of great riding.

so, leif wants me to find like-minded guys/gals to move in and displace the low-lifes. we envision a day when the entire park is nothing but a private live-in motor-bicycling club. he's a generous dude who appreciates hard work and honesty. all of the tools and a lot of the material you'd need to rebuild your trailer is here, and it's possible to earn a bit by helping to restore/repair the place.

if you're a retired or disabled veteran on a check, this is the place for you...if you're just a cool peep, we want you, too.

pics deleted out.

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

never mind....leif is all talk & no action. a real slumlord. the riff-raff runs the place (you don't even wanna know what i found in the shower-house this morning) ...the pacific county sherrif says "well, it's better than it used to be, anyway" sheesh!!

grrr, now i have to go looking again...this couldn't have come at a worse time :x
  3. Steve

Steve Guest

Sorry the place didn't work out for you, Augidog. Sounded almost too good to be true.
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yeah, thanks steve...i have a tendancy to put my all into anything i do.

sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't :(
  5. apratt

apratt Guest

That is a bummer. Makes it hard when you are on a fixed income. Well maybe the next place will be a better place. Maybe things happen for a reason.
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i do believe that, apratt, this was a step up from the primitive/rural setting i moved here from.
  7. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

Sorry to hear about this. I wonder if you could head up the coast a bit and look around the Oceanshores area. The beach is part of the highway system. There are several folks renting motorscooters Maybe you could do some wrenching or a bicycle shop. I participated in a chainsaw carving event there last summer. I carved a moped sign in trade for a days ride and a motel room.
  8. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Damn Dog, sounds rough but hey there's always the heat down here.
    150.00 a month for a 3bd 2 bath single wide (to own) and 150.00 a month for 60x85 foot 240/110 volt spaces, after space+house note+ele+cable+propain+and dont forget water for drinking,it runs me- 475.00 in the winter months and 750.00 in the summer (and thats ac in the shop also) but you got the beach you lucky Dog