Complete Motored bike with 30cc Italian engine.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Sianelle, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

2. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Looks pretty comfortable with that nice shocked swingarm. If you stare at it long enough, it will become yours, Sianelle.

3. OldPete

OldPete Guest

4. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

It's that engine and its drive system that attracted me most of all. The bike itself is a wee bit too strange for me and I'd most probably end up transplanting the rear wheel into that 1950s ladies Hercules frame I've got hanging up in the garage and selling off the modern (ick) MTB as a plain un-motored bicycle. One way to discount the price even more I suppose :grin:

5. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

It does look like a cyclemaster that mated with a mini-motor :)
    It would look good on the Hercules :)

incidentally - mines good for 32mph with the bars dropped to racing position... I didnt think I was that big lol - sitting up made 4mph difference!

On the downside I now have *very* sore wrists..

Jemma xx

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

JHarkins, a member here, has one of those and I have seen it in person. They are sweet little engines for sure. If I were going to use that system I think I would lace it into a 29'' wheel for that extra couple of MPHs.

7. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

That's what I was thinking Jemma. It's a classic format, it has an enclosed drive and it would work just fine on a traditional ladies frame. I think I'll need to have a 26inch rim laced onto the hub though as the 24inch MTB rim is not my sort of thing at all. The 26inch rim would raise the gearing, but that's Ok because it's largely flat around here and I don't mind doing a little lpa if necessary.
    Were you wearing goggles while you were 'flat-on-the-tank' ;) I've got a nice pair of split pane aviator goggles that I'm keeping for motor-bicycle testing purposes. :grin: Sounds like your bike is improving as it runs in which has to be a good thing.

8. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Note: As a Moto Morini it has a lighting coil. The early units had a stiff tube for the pull start, the later units had a stiff spring near the base of the tube so it would flex a bit..
    Being an inclosed drive means a wet clutch with long service life.

I really like these traditional units and just might have to buy one someday.

9. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

That's handy about the lighting coil because I've got a really nice prewar Miller headlamp and tail lamp that will be really corker for my old Hercules.

10. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Well I went and did it. The owner at Motrax, John Mann, is happy to let me buy it on layby which is kind of him. Now I've got to decide whether I want the bike in black, red, blue, or silver. I'm considering red because everybody knows the red ones go faster ;)
    Tonight John asked me to contact a customer of his who wants to put an electric hub wheel in a tricycle and is looking for a little advice. Looks like I might be about to work off the favour, but I don't mind that. :cool:

11. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Wooooo Hooooo! The deposit has been paid for my brand new red motored bicycle. :grin::grin::grin:
    It's going to be a wee bit of a stretch paying it off, but it's going to improve my mobility no end. This past week I haven't been all that well and riding any distance on one of my pedal bicycles has been pretty much out of the question. My Hercules tricycle is great for around town, but it isn't setup for a journey further afield. I don't like driving a car as they are too annoying to park, not to mention getting in and out of the $@!%& things with sore joints and muscles that've become even more stiff due to sitting inside a tin box. I need to maintain a level of exercise and a spot of lpa while riding a motorised bicycle/tricycle is just the way to get it.

12. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

Congratulations, Sianelle!

I"ve been following the story (as it were) through two different threads; this one, and the "tip rattling" thread.

Wonderful!

:)~

13. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

I've just done something I've never done before, - checked out the NZ Vehicle classes regulations :confused:

That's interesting because so long as I keep my Hercules tricycle's controller switched to 200watt I don't need a registration plate, BUT if I click it over to the 250watt option I do. I almost always have it running on 200watt, so I'm Ok. Mind you the local Police around here just grin and wave whenever they see me so I don't think I have to worry. BUT wot about my new bike - the 'Red Terror'? It's only 30cc, but develops 1Hp or 0.71watt - soooooo I guess it will have to be registered as a Moped (bother!) At least it is approved to be an 'official' moped (I checked) which is something.
    (sigh) No more running around with expired Chinese licence plates (another sigh).
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9697/shenyanglaoningprovinceuy7.jpg

14. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Good for you Sianelle! IPA Ahhh! (Indian Pale Ale) I brew my own. I'll tip one to the RED Terror with you. Will you have a long wait to get it? That will give you some time to dream about it any way.

15. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Ya, I know, lpa = Little pedal assistance but I would rather have the Indian Pale Ale.

16. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

I prefer Guinness myself Doc :grin:

17. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

OK, if I have to, I'll tip my Black Irish Stout but thats as close as I come to a Guinney. :rolleyes:

18. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

I've sometimes brewed my own black Irish Stout, but Guinness is a real treat. :grin: I was in a tavern once with some friends (rare for me) and I purchased a draught Guinness at the bar. I didn't realise I was being watched as I took my first sip and almost quivered with pleasure. The older man standing beside me said with a grin, 'I can tell you enjoyed that love.'

Oooooooo yes I did :grin::grin::grin: