complete wiring systems from the generator to the regulator to the batteryand wiring

From what I've asked about motorcycle/scooter electrical systems at a local shop they are typically 12 volt systems ruining at about 9 amps . I'm getting a 12 volt scooter battery which aren't at all that big. Typically a 12 volt scooter battery is 5 inches long 3 inches wide and 3 to 4 inches tall. I'm thinking of a way to mount it between the seat tube and the rear wheel. I might need to make a bracket somehow. load resistors/fuse boxes are pretty small especially the scooter/motorcycle ones.

For complete kits I've seen some on eBay. Someone made a custom 12 volt battery designed to fit on a bicycle. Wish more people made those. Looks like I'll just have to piece together my own street legal electrical system. I've thought about taking my upcoming 4 stroke build to a motorcycle/scooter shop and seeing if they can make something for me but it would probably cost more but at least it would be DOT approved and street legal. I think going to a motorcycle/scooter shop would be your best bet. They would know more.

Back