complete wiring systems from the generator to the regulator to the batteryand wiring

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by donprice48, Mar 21, 2015.

1. donprice48

donprice48 New Member

wouldlike any info on complete kits or doing it myself I need it all compatable

2. bikejock

bikejock Member

From what I've asked about motorcycle/scooter electrical systems at a local shop they are typically 12 volt systems ruining at about 9 amps . I'm getting a 12 volt scooter battery which aren't at all that big. Typically a 12 volt scooter battery is 5 inches long 3 inches wide and 3 to 4 inches tall. I'm thinking of a way to mount it between the seat tube and the rear wheel. I might need to make a bracket somehow. load resistors/fuse boxes are pretty small especially the scooter/motorcycle ones.

For complete kits I've seen some on eBay. Someone made a custom 12 volt battery designed to fit on a bicycle. Wish more people made those. Looks like I'll just have to piece together my own street legal electrical system. I've thought about taking my upcoming 4 stroke build to a motorcycle/scooter shop and seeing if they can make something for me but it would probably cost more but at least it would be DOT approved and street legal. I think going to a motorcycle/scooter shop would be your best bet. They would know more.