Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by kdaniels1, Mar 19, 2007.

1. kdaniels1

kdaniels1 Guest

My engine has lost compression. Has spark. The bolts to the cylinder are now loose as well. What do i need to do?

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that's a pretty sketchy opinion based on what you did say:

remove the headbolt nuts, make sure the headbolts are fully seated in block, retighten the nuts.

if this is the only problem, it should start and run again.

if/when you get it running, check gaskets and replace if needed.

good luck...welcome to MBc.
  3. kdaniels1

kdaniels1 Guest

Here is what happened. I was coming home from the grocery store and in the neighborhood when the motor lost compression. I changed the top gasket out and the bottom gasket out. As I was putting everything back together the 2 bolts striped out on me. What can I do to fix the bolts or do I need to replace them?

Thank you,
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

5. whowhere

whowhere New Member

I just lost compression on my 80CC

I resealed and retorqued the head bolts and still no compression. I think the bottom gasket of the cylinder is shot. What do I need to do to get at that gasket? Anybody?
  6. take your carb off pull your spark plug, exhaust, then pull all 4 head bolts pull your head and head gasket off then tap your block (jug) with a peice of wood and itll come loose! lift it up and replace the gasket I use gasket material sheets from our true value marina.
  7. stude13

stude13 Active Member

the stock wardware should be replaced with stronger american hardware. use locktite on studs and blue on nuts.