Engine Trouble comptession test

determined

Local time
10:19 AM
I can see slight day light between the head and gasket so i tightened really hard and its still the same so i did a compression test at jogging speed and got just over 120 . Is this good compression ? Im new here

120 is good, I suspect the combustion chamber itself is sealed and you're seeing light some other way.

Good to know now if i can just figure out why im not getting spark. I changed to a new spark plug and am going to purchase a dmm to test but im new to this so any advise is much appreciated. It was running fine then just suddenly died while riding but i think it could be because it got slightly rained on the day before. It wont even try to start anymore and i got less than fifty miles on it. I dissconected the kill switch that was hooked up to the blue wire

take off the magneto cover. if its full of water it might be shorting out. if you're lucky the magneto isn't fried.

daylight around the head gasket is good - it means your compression ring on the head is concentrating the torque of the head bolts onto a smaller area to get more pounds per square inch

unscrew the 4 screws holding the stator coil onto the engine and sandpaper the area that the screw heads will contact. That metal to metal connection is the ground path for the ignition system. Being loose or rusty makes resistance or an open circuit.
If that don't work then disconnect the coil from the CDI and test for around 30 volts
AC when pushing the bike to turn over the engine. best to first remove the spark plug

Can you please tell me how to test while moving the bike? And do you mean to disconect the spark plug wire at the cdi ? How do i use the dmm.?

you can tape the voltmeter to your gas tank
have the voltmeter connected to the wires coming out of the engine (that you disconnected from the CDI)
push the bike (with spark plug out) and read the voltage
no voltage or low voltage indicates a bad stator coil
good voltage means the CDI is probably bad

I appreciate the help can you tell me what probe wires go where on the dmm ports and on the wires? And also what setting ? I know thats a lot but im new to all this and id be very very greatful for your expertize.

read your instruction manual for the DMM
set the voltage range higher than 30 volts

Back