Converting to Single speed beach cruiser

stars

Local time
8:58 AM
hey i im trying to save $ & work on my multi speed beach cruiser. so i have a 7 speed beach cruiser, rim size is 26 x 175 and i don't know how i go about Converting to a single speed for my motorized bike. i don't know the correct Rim i would have to get to Convert into a single speed because the one i have is only for multi speed because of the thread . any help where do i start?

Easy and cheapest way is just buy another set of rims.
You can always find a good deal on cl or eBay or a whole bike for parts from walmart when there make down

Last edited:
its hard to know what rim to buy because my hub is a lil bit longer then a coaster brake hub. A regular coaster brake rim wont fit my beach cruiser

Last edited:
Should you find the wheel set in excellent condition you best be served to purchase the lest expensive jackshaft kit the cost is less than most of the wheel sets advertised @ about $140.00 on eBay if you decide on install or the popular 2 stroke kits found about the same price ion some cases. If you choose to purchase the 4 stroke kit the jackshaft kit mentioned won't work with that but a more expensive kit will. I'd suggest the 2 stroke setup if you have a lot of traveling in mind.. and possibly a 4 liter gas reserve.

Yeah well depending on your interests I'd setup something with multi speed capability without modifying you current project much more than you plan to. If you want a signal speed wheel without adding all else measure the axle end to end and follow that but keep in mind tire clearance in some instances there's not much to work with.

i just want a single speed because i don't feel like spending time & money on derailleurs, gears, housing & time to do it. i like it old fashion anyway. i just don't know where to start & what rim Would i need cuz a standard coaster brake rim wont fit my beach cruiser

You might want to check with your local bike shop but you might be able to get away with just taking off your 7 speed cassette and putting on a single speed freewheel sprocket.

if i can get a freewheel sprocket to fit my rim. i can remove the cassette myself & put the freewheel on sprocket on myself.

why not just use what you have - put chain on a speed you like, then shorten chain to only fit that one gear so no derailer

never thought of that but really i just something i can pedal easy up hills & stiff if i dont have no gas. so what sprocket has easier pedaling

Back