Cool old Smith Motor Wheel 1917

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mlcorson, May 9, 2009.

1. mlcorson

mlcorson Member

I saw this on our local PBS station today. A collector of old glass plate negatives found this picture in a photo collection. Taken is St. Louis, Mo 1917. Looks like a sweet ride. Is that a carbide lamp? Enjoy.
    -Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2009

2. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

I've seen those before. However it's been so long ago, I completely forgot about them. Gee ! How technology has changed, huh ? Thanks for sharing !

3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I could build one nearly identical to that for less than 1/20 of the asking price. Actually, I have a PDF of the design drawings and manual for that thing on disc somewhere here in the apartment. I need to dig that out and post it one of these days.

5. BSA

BSA Guest

Well gee wizz that looks just like a villiers engine on that auto wheel.

BSA

6. stude13

stude13 Active Member

i think it was the genesis of motormakers pusher. after seeing his i bought a moped, sawed it in half and attached what was left to an occ chopper with one bolt and rode off into the sunset.

7. customcruiser

customcruiser Member

at school at the ag-farm in the shed we have 2 complete villiers mk12 or mk10 4 strokes they both go and at my dads mates farm in murray bridge i found an almst complete 4 stroke mk 10 or mk12