Cost of Robin Subaru EH035

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_K

Local time
7:46 AM
On Jan/3/12 I bought a robin subaru eh035 from staton for $263 including shipping cost.
Now the price is $489. Wow, what happened. I am also considering the eh025, staton has that listed for $329. The Small Engine Wharehouse ebay store has the eh025 for $214, I think I will get one before that price starts taking off.

I am thinking about building a friction drive bike with covered engine and drive system. The smaller dimensional size of the eh025 would be good, and it should have enough power for this application.

I am really pleased with the eh035 and would like to stay with this brand, I just wonder why the price went up $200 in 9 months.

On Jan/3/12 I bought a robin subaru eh035 from staton for $263 including shipping cost.
Now the price is $489. Wow, what happened. I am also considering the eh025, staton has that listed for $329. The Small Engine Wharehouse ebay store has the eh025 for $214, I think I will get one before that price starts taking off.

I am thinking about building a friction drive bike with covered engine and drive system. The smaller dimensional size of the eh025 would be good, and it should have enough power for this application.

I am really pleased with the eh035 and would like to stay with this brand, I just wonder why the price went up $200 in 9 months.
Get the GX 35 Honda from SmallEngineWarehouse.com

I have a Robin Subaru 35 cc with 3500 miles on it and while it is
a great engine the Honda is better in my opinion and much cheaper.

The 25 cc motors like the eh025 and Honda GX 25 have a smaller centrifugal
clutch than the 35 cc motors.

Yeah, noticed that myself, bought Statons last EH035V, my guess is lack of demand.I know where there are two (may be gone by now) EH035's left for $275 plus shipping, I bought an extra EHO because I could never afford $500 for it.Never dealt with the little Honda, but after much reading here and other forums I decided on the RS, we may all have to go Honda someday, but for me I have two RS EHO35's to kill before that day comes.

I just checked small engine wharehouse & they have the honda gx35 for $239 and the gx25 for $195, plus $16 shipping for either. So I think for now I will narrow my choice to the eh025, gx35, or gx25. All are good and close enough in price.

On my first bike I used the eh035 and it has performed perfectly for 1000 miles now. So i am kind of partial to sticking with what has been good to me. I’m going to take a few more days before ordering one of these.

Many companies in Japan suffered production interruptions with the Fukushima disaster and Fuji Heavy Industries was particularly beset by setbacks, especially in their small engine division. I had a conversation with Dave Staton in July of this year that confirmed shortages and eventual price increase would likely follow. The Honda small engine plant that makes the 35 has been off-shored and was unaffected. It remains to be seen if and when things will return to more as they were before but I'd suspect competition between the companies will require they do.

Brandnewengines has/had the eho35 for $275 plus shipping. I don't know where statons coming up with that $489 price but thats just crazy. OP I think you'll be disappointed with a 20cc+ motor, the 35ccs are barely adequate but they do the job for cruising and will put a smile on your face. 20ccs just don't have enough power.

I say snag them while you can, they are a little weak in the low end, but the gas mileage is all worth it, and these ARE bikes.If you want truly ridiculous they sell the EXACT motor (fuji 33.5cc) without shroud/clutch/pull-start for use in RC 1/4 scale planes for anywhere from $600 to $800, now that's a ripoff.

Richard-thanks for explaining why the costs have gone up, that makes sense.

Darwin-thanks for the tip on Brandnewengines. I just ordered the eh035 from them. The total after shipping and handling was $301. I decided to go with this one because I already have the same engine on my first bike and thought if I ever have problems, I can trouble shoot by swapping parts between them.

At one time I had the 35cc soobie and was very pleased with it, sorry I sold it now trying to experiment with the tanaka 40cc. To replace it I went with the honda 35cc because of the cost of a new soobie and am very pleased with the honda. Both are great lil reliable motors. Quiet motors also which is an important feature.

Called a R/S distributor, Wisconsin power products and they are selling the soobie 35cc for $529. So Statons price is in line since the price increase. Thats just nutz when you can buy a honda for $235. Also seen where Smallenginesuplliers has the soobie for $325 if that price is current. Brandnewengines is kaput on the soobie 35cc so the above poster probably got their last one.......http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/shop/robin.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back