Craigs List engine

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by davidsis, Nov 26, 2006.

1. davidsis

davidsis Guest

2. istbenz

istbenz Guest

engine looks good. i personally don't like the cranbrook (see my post about thoughts, observations, etc)

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if that's the "new improved" kit, why are they using pics of the old kits/parts, huh? huh?

knowing what we all know now, i figure this "mine's the best engine" stuff's gotta be gettin' old...

4. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Ya why old

I do not like the cranbrook cruiser eather. That is why I spelled it Cranbroke, but it is in expensive. Price can not be beat. Looks really cool when you get it together. Ya, the showing the old kit warrants further investigation.

5. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Best engine

What is the best engine?

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

the huffy cruisers look good, as do all the retro-frame cruisers...huffy aint what it used to be, tho...

what's the best engine? dunno, i'm more interested in "who's the best, most reliable, supplier?"

my deal with dax went smoothly and the kit was exactly what i was told to expect.

7. istbenz

istbenz Guest

i'd stick to dax for the engines- he gives the best warranty, communicates with you, and is more than happy to help with any little 'bugs'.

as for the hufffy- if you read about my adventures with the brakes... that was the bike i was using. i only rode it for like 3 weeks before i decided my life was worth more than a $100 dollar piece of crap bike :roll:

i am now using a schwinn jaguar that i bought at target for the same price. it has 7 speeds, front and rear brakes, and it is a cool looking cruiser :D

when i had my little incident with the chain tensioner and the spokes, the guy at the bike shop commented on the size of the spokes (i think he said they were 11 gauge- if its like wire, i guess the smaller the # the bigger the spoke!)

i'm still workin on getting some pics of the new ride. this whole school thing just takes up too much of my fun time! :evil:

8. motorbicycle

motorbicycle Guest

engine on cragis list

id stick with dax his kits seem to be the best. Mine runs and works great that one that you found on craigs list isnt bad but i think that dax would be better.

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

Dax worked great, but if you can talk this craigslist dude down, you can save a bunch of money. Inspect the parts and stuff before you buy.

10. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

Duane at thatsdax.com is continually upgrading his kit. For example, Duane includes the upgrade clutch lever, new short profile air cleaner, and probably the nicest feature, the ball bearing chain guide. Duane also posts his work phone number on his Web site and will gladly answer any questions.

I think Duane will be around when others have closed shop, if they really have a shop. :>)

Dr. J.

11. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Craigslist.org

Hey, I asked the guy about the engine and this is what he wrote back.

the name of the engine is Skyhawk,it is made in Asia and they are very popular here in the US. there is only a equiptment protection warranty until shippment is received. There is never extended warranties on bike engines becasue this is something you install with proper tools and have to maintain.

We have seven 60 CC brand new engines kits left, we have pre sold all the 80 CC kits for
    the holidays but the 60 cc engines are still very popular. I can give them to you for
    $170 each and $25 dollars shipping( originally $190 each ). let me know if your
    interested.

Manny

sales@urbanengines.com

12. Edward

Edward Guest

The Skyhawk name is used by the Gru-Bee company, so that would be the source of these particular engines.