Engine Trouble crank case stripping? high quality parts anywhere?

J

jatgm1

i recently finished my first gas powe- ahem, "pedal assisted" bicycle, it uses a grubee skyhawk engine that has a tilted spark plug on the top, so i think its a newer model engine, and a specialized hardrock frame. however i am having issues with it. i noticed that the crank case, the part where the clutch arm is located, when i tighten the bolts (yes, i replaced the screws with bolts of the same size because the original screws heads A] stripped and B] are clearly made of the worst material i have ever seen) it feels like the crank case is literally starting to strip. in fact, the entire crank case feels like its made from some combination of plastic and metal. is there any way i can get a crank case thats made of a higher quality material? the "manic mechanic" sprocket adapter i have on my rear tire is made of a nice high quality cnc aluminum. i know expecting that much is comical for such a cheap price, however is there anywhere that sells actual high quality parts for these engines? and no i don't want friction drive. thank you for your input!
-tom

Back