Crankcase Vent Location

Z

Zomby Builder

I have some clearance issues with my choke lever that is preventing me from making a good PCV / Oil seperator. I noticed this bikes PCV appears to be connected to the previous WC1s PCV location. I have blocked this hole off & am wondering if it would still vent the crankcase as good as the NEs new comp release PCV location????? If so it would work better & have a much cleaner install for my bike. Is this location acceptable???????

Gerds Whizz.jpg

I believe you will find that the original WC-1 vent location is too small in diameter to be effective. If you are able to enlarge the opening I see no reason that it won't work.

Jim

Last edited:
Enlarge the hole

If I did use the previous location - I would enlarge & tap the hole to screw an elbow to connect an oil seperator. It would not go back to the air cleaner. What I need to know is that if this old location is as effective as the new one??? It looks like it could be just as effective.

Location, Location, Location...

This location is going to be best for my application. Got a tip from Gerd, (who owns this awesome black bike) Quenton (who you all know) oil seperator - plus efficient return to the crankcase / not via the carb or dump into the exhaust. Seems to make the most sense. I love working on this motor.

Outer Banks

Thanks Quenton. The clutch lines up exceptionally now & the intake manifold that you made is tapered perfectly for4 this motor. Why have'nt any other vent builders chimed in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back