Cruzzer Motorbikes and WhizzerPaul

gearhead222

Local time
9:28 PM
Dear Fellow Members-Has anyone bought or know much about the new Whizzer clones called the Cruzzer? I was able to access www.cruzzermotorbikes.com and www.whizzerpaul.com, besides Joe Lins EBay Cruzzer listing. Supposedly they sell for around $2k and have an optional ceramic cyclinder. Moderators, if this is in the wrong location, please move. I understand that the Cruzzer bikes are NOT affiliated at all with the older Taiwan or vintage US Whizzer bikes-Gearhead222

From what I've heard, the factory in Taiwan that produces the "Cruzzer" is the same that manufactured the bikes for Whizzer-USA.
Since WhizzerUSA owns the rights to the name, the factory can't legally call them a "Whizzer", so they are selling them under the "Cruzzer" name instead.

I've had no dealings with Joe Lin (heard a lot of horror stories about his customer service), but, have dealt quite a bit with Whizzer-Paul.
Paul is an honest guy and great to do business with.

$2k sounds a bit steep for one. I'd rather save some money and find a good used NE-5 (preferably a 2005 model).

Last edited:
Dear Fellow Members-Has anyone bought or know much about the new Whizzer clones called the Cruzzer? I was able to access www.cruzzermotorbikes.com and www.whizzerpaul.com, besides Joe Lins EBay Cruzzer listing. Supposedly they sell for around $2k and have an optional ceramic cyclinder. Moderators, if this is in the wrong location, please move. I understand that the Cruzzer bikes are NOT affiliated at all with the older Taiwan or vintage US Whizzer bikes-Gearhead222
Gearhead, can you give more info about this ceramic cyclinder?

Thanks,
Ray

Gearhead, can you give more info about this ceramic cyclinder?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,
Taken from Joe Lin's WC1 Manufacturer's Blog:http://wc1manufacturer.wordpress.co...r-kit-fits-1999-2008-whizzer-wc1-ne5-engines/ Everything coming from his shop is noted on that blog; interesting reading. I ordered what looks to be a true NE5 cylinder head a few years back and the service was incredibly quick, not to mention great communication with Mr Lin.

I like this and it's something that should have been done in Day 1. But truth be told, the aluminum/ceramic finish on your cylinders and heads looks much better.

Take Care,
Mike

I'm interested in hearing someone's first hand account of the so called "ceramic cylinder" also.

From the images, it looks like the old NE-5 cylinder (larger intake valve, no seperate valve block, etc...)
except, with no offset restrictor in the intake (looks to be a straight shot to the valve pocket).

Might make a good runner.

This is what Joe Lin e-mailed me. I do not own a Whizzer nor a Cruzzer, so there's nothing at stake for me:

I think that you are talking about the old issues of the earlier whizzers. The ceramic cylinder increased the engine performance and lasting life. If you use this ceramic cylinder, you don't need any over sized piston set and re-honing your cylinder in the future. If you ceramic engine loses compression, you just replace a set of standard piston only and don't need to spend a big money to re-honing the cylinder and over sized piston set. If you have any further, you can either contact with me or talk with Paul.
Best regards,
Joe

- che3732wc1

From reading Joe's message above, it seems he is implying that the cylinder is made entirely of a ceramic based compound, including the cylinder bore. His blog also mentions that the ceramic cylinders are "lighter than the aluminum cylinders with iron bore".

However, looking at the pictures on his ebay adds make it look like an aluminum cylinder with a ceramic heat coating.
In this photo from one of his ebay listings, you can see what appears to be the outline of a cylinder liner on the deck.

ceramic cylinder liner.jpg

Does anyone have one of these cylinders to verify if it is indeed a full ceramic, or just a ceramic coating?

Ray,
Taken from Joe Lin's WC1 Manufacturer's Blog:http://wc1manufacturer.wordpress.co...r-kit-fits-1999-2008-whizzer-wc1-ne5-engines/ Everything coming from his shop is noted on that blog; interesting reading. I ordered what looks to be a true NE5 cylinder head a few years back and the service was incredibly quick, not to mention great communication with Mr Lin.

I like this and it's something that should have been done in Day 1. But truth be told, the aluminum/ceramic finish on your cylinders and heads looks much better.
Thanks Mike, none of my coating is ceramic, ceramic coating is a Thermal Barrier, keeps the heat inside. Bad ideal for air cooled motors.
The Thermal Barriers I use are thermal dispersant coatings.

I have a WC-1 cyclinder done with a coating called IVD Ion Vapor Deposition, this is one of the best thermal dispersant available.

Ray

The Whizzer clone, (cruzzer and cyclone) back door whizzers. started back in 2000.

Ray

Back