Cubs tribute 4-stroke shifter build

This new 'themed' 4-stroke shifting build I just started today is for local Cubs fans.
There are 100's of thousands of them here, especially in the winter months and spring training.
Basically just another of my 10G 4-stroke shifting builds, but with a custom one of a kind cubs paint job.

By all rights it should be a white paint job with the Cubs logo on the frames gas tank, but maybe cubs blue would be better since white is so hard to keep clean.

Your thoughts?

You need like half a baseball for the petrol cap. or a seat that looks like its made from a baseball . Little things like that make it really special

You need like half a baseball for the petrol cap. or a seat that looks like its made from a baseball . Little things like that make it really special
Yes, a baseball theme is important but I don't want to 'gob it up' too much.
Baseball fuel cap and maybe a baseball bat exhaust should be enough.

I agree it needs to be white but being a cleaner 4-stroke shifter there will be little engine related mess.

This is the fame I'll be using sitting on a pair of old rims so the new, thicker 1/4" aluminum motor plate was welded on dead level.

Cubs1.jpg

Once the frame is white I'll see whatever parts can be Cubs blue.
This a 'no buyer' build with my own money but if it don't sell quickly I'll put it up for auction on E-bay and see what it will fetch.

I take it you are going to vinyl sticker the bike ? Or full paint job .I didn't think of a bat muffler lol even better if it comes off at will .

I have one of the best vinyl sticker makers in the country right down the street, they make my KC's Kruiser's engine stickers so yes, stickers, I just haven't got the design I want down yet.

I like the motor mount plate.
Thanks, I really like that making my own rock solid welded in base perfectly set for a 4-stroke with my 10G is so perfect the engine mount holes are just simple holes, not slots ;-}

I needed something standard, and what better than the Skyhawk gas tank fame with a disc brake mount on the frame?

Anyway, what I am building these days is not cheap, but my dream of the perfect reliable commuter I set out to build works great, and I very happy with the results ;-}

Last edited:
Back