Cycle Car/Go-Kart?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AutOtaku, May 1, 2016.

1. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

I know this has probably been asked more times than one but what would be the actual possibility of using a 2-stroke chinagirl and a pull start on either a front/rear axle or just a single wheel? or just rig up a pedal assembly in the middle of the car? obviously it would take some engineering to get the clutch and gas fab'd up to some floor pedals instead of a twist throttle/clutch handle but it doesnt seem to hard to figure out. Once the frame is all sorted out, the body would be up to imagination.....

2. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Have you looked at the trike section? :)

3. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

I looked but im talking about something more akin to a car. Gas/Brake/Clutch pedal, the possibility of four wheels, and a steering wheel

4. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

That would be a go kart, though? No need to bother with the Happy Time or even two stroke at all I would have thought. Not saying I know, just seems like the HT is better for when you need to fix to a bicycle frame or similar without modifying the frame.

5. skyash

skyash Active Member

I seen on you tube a 66cc on home made go kart it was crap so slow no power to get moving. Hole thing look good apart from the motor

6. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I've seen China girl powered drift trikes, the actual clutch worked well on those but not enough power

7. skyash

skyash Active Member

Better off with a 4 stroke. Have u seen on e bay a mini go kart called baja in sted of a stirring wheel it's got Handelbars $400 looks like fun

8. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

I was more interested in the China Girl because the idea would be to make a frame, do the driveline, and then put some body work (wood, fiberglass, sheet metal, etc.) emulating an Austin 7 or anouther cycle car from around the turn of the century. I know the four stroke would provide more power but its just anouther go kart at that point. Multiple engines with the carbs sync'd up (i know its a bitch to get them in time) could overcome some of the power issue i believe.....

9. Frankfort MB's

They make a pit bike engine that's a two stroker that can and are meant to run like 10,000 RPMs all day.... Only like 120$ for a 4HP engine they seem pretty good for the money

10. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Are they Honda clones?

11. Frankfort MB's

Idk tbh but look them up on eBay 49cc 2 stroke pitbike high performance

12. butre

butre Well-Known Member

if you can weld you can run both engines off a single carb

13. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Do you mean by making one intake to feed both engines?