Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by motoredhobart, Mar 20, 2008.

1. motoredhobart

motoredhobart New Member

Heres my bike I finished today. New paint, polish of the chrome and it looks good as new.
    Its a bit of a squeeze but it fits perfectly. Petrol tank mounting will need to be improved sometime.
    Had the engine on my mountain bike but wanted something a bit more comfortable and still be able to use the MTB using pedal power, so heres what happened-

Attached Files:

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Great fit for the size of that frame...just lucky u could squeeze the carby through.
    Looks like u could even do routine maintenance there relatively easily...well done man.
  3. Alan

Alan Member

Yes, what Fetor56 said. You could always mount the tank to a rear carrier rack. Nice..
  4. graucho

graucho Active Member

If I would have seen the bike without the engine, I would have questioned the fit. Another member doing a fine job. Well done. Cool exhaust setup.
  5. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Perfect fit!. It looks like it was a pain to shoehorn in there but it came together really well. The exhaust looks awesome too, looks super quiet and comfy.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
  6. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

man thats one tight fit looks good larry ca
  7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

dude! that is like .....dude! lol im at a los for words. that it so cool, how you got that durn genine in there. i love how ya incorperated the stock exhaust with the long one. my only question isa, are you having bogging issues, with the carbie at that angle?
  8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Where there's a will there's a way, I'm i pressed that you got that in there. Where did you get the muffler? Great job!
  9. beast775

beast775 Guest

what a great ride,im very impressed with that.looks great,now ill be looking for a frame like that.:smile:
  10. funker

funker Guest

I love the way you manage the exhaust ;) looks like racing two strokes exhaust!
  11. motoredhobart

motoredhobart New Member

Thanks all,

Dont seem to have any problems with the carby at that angle.
    I got the longer exhaust from ebay here, it improved the power quite considerably but was a bit louder so I made a silencer out of the stock exhaust in a similar way to this one, only difference is that I used fiber glass strips that are used to wrap around manifolds.
    It helped heaps, sounds a bit deeper and smoother, performance wasnt really affected either.
    Only problem im having is when the revs are on the higher side the whole bike vibrates, didnt have this problem with my mountain bike before, maybe because the frame flexes more.

Attached Files:

12. Nerobro

Nerobro Member

I love mixtie frames. They're beautiful, and strong. Great bikes.
  13. Dude this is the first ladies frame sucessful Happy Time install I have ever seen. What frame is that? Who makes it?(edit:Cyclons Austrailia...darn)
    You can choke by reaching between your legs. That would be so se*hay.... :grin:
    Love that exhaust.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  14. Nerobro

Nerobro Member

Well, They're called mixte frames. They were made by many, many manufacturers. If you search for mixte, you'll get hits with this sort of frame.

I'm starting to think we need a BIKE person on this forum. :)
  15. Woah! More common than I thought. How come I've never seen one?
  16. sparky

sparky Active Member

We have you, don\'t we? One of the voids found inside MBc is bike fanatics. I love bikes in general, but I love not having to pedal them even more... I am soo lazy.
  17. motoredhobart

motoredhobart New Member

Cool, good to know what the frames called, see an old around every now and then.
    Just came a across this a couple of weeks ago and noticed quite a resemblance...