Cylinder head designs for the 80cc / 66cc 2-stroke Chinese bicycle engine

I am waiting for someone to make a head without a squish band

You will be waiting a long, long time.
A squish band is useful when the engine is operating at low rpm with wide open throttle and especially when cylinder head temperatures get outside the optimal working range; which frequently happens at low road speed with the engine working it's guts out.

I could see how lower rpm's could cause oer heating as the gas oil mix also cools the engine and lower rpm increases burn time. I run my mix at 18:1 to help lubricate the engine more I ride through some steep hills here.

Its a nice looking billet head. but I was thinking more along the lines of fins like mohawk's

I have heard from a freind of mine, the motorcycle bum who rides year round even in the blizzards of ny. He has a freind who was experimenting with channels in an x or star shape running from the spark plug port to distribute the ignition faster throughout the cylinder. has anyone heard of or tried this?

This concept has been tried but dyno results have not shown any power improvement.
The below links show a variation on the theme.

http://pesn.com/2005/10/13/9600187_Design_to_Improve_Turbulence_in_Combustion_Chambers/

ProCheater-6.jpg

ProCheater-3.jpg

I have heard from a freind of mine, the motorcycle bum who rides year round even in the blizzards of ny. He has a freind who was experimenting with channels in an x or star shape running from the spark plug port to distribute the ignition faster throughout the cylinder. has anyone heard of or tried this?

I've heard of it, since I just did a little reading and as I understand it, anything to increase turbulence within the cumbustion chamber will change performance.. perhaps only a significant change on significantly larger engines though? I thought that was what the squish band was for too.. another way to increase turbulence.

It is, it's also very expensive especially if you have to ship it across oceans. I was thinking along the lines of free. ;)

You get what you pay for and you have to pay reasonable money for a decent cylinder head.
At the end of the day, a man has to do what a man has to do, in procurement of the finest billet cylinder head on the market.

If finances are a problem, then you always have the option of standing on a street corner and offering your perfectly tanned and sculpted body at the roadside. I have heard that women these days are prepared to pay a man for the ride of a lifetime, so long as it comes with a "satisfaction delivered or money back guarantee".

The slant head's combustion chamber does not have a squish band. If you watch the video again, you will see that it only has a 4mm vertical wall coming off the combustion chamber dome.

I really don't want to spend another 30 mins watching again and restarting my computer when Youtube crashes it, lol. I got a fairly good look at it the first time though so I'm not going to see any more. I just don't have that much idea what the cross sectional diagram would look like if there were one for this head. So there is a flattish-looking area but it's clearance (above the piston surface at TDC) is way too [thick] to be considered a squish band? There is or appears to be a dome in the centre and a flatter area outside so I don't know what else to call these different areas of the slant head combustion chamber. Names of things aside, I would still like to know what easy, free mods I can do to make a slant head (included in the HT kit) somewhat, even a little bit more like a terrifically expensive billet cylinder head from the other side of the world.
I may well buy one one day, but it's hundreds of $$$ versus fun with a Dremel on something cheap and expendable and available to me this year.

I REALLY don't understand why there aren't at least cross sectional diagrams provided by the manufacturers of the various after-market cylinder heads, for comparison.

Back