d.i.y. stainless air filter ($5 tooth brush holder)

I'm going by a local shop that takes donations. I well see if any frames, forks and rims pop out at me. I am drawn to this hobby like a moth to a flame. I see the standard motor bikes and shrug but this type of work has some effect on me.:unsure:

Excellent idea and execution on the air filter. That looks really sharp. Your bike is fantastic too. It is a nice fit the filter and your MB.

Bill

i managed to finish her up. its only been a year in the making. :p
IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

its fun as ****!

the bike is quite small (24" wheels, compact frame) its super easy to throw around due to the size.(like a bmx)

i bet 30 different friends/family(from 12years old to 70) have taken it for a ride.
the response is usually something along these lines.
how much it cost to build? followed by i gotta get me one of these! :)
all rides end with a big grin. :)

i had a few friends that ride "real motorcycles" (cb 900f,and a couple harleys)
they where out riding and decided to stop in for a beer.
let me tell ya, those guys razzed me something fierce about my little "bicycle".
told me i needed to stop wasting my time and buy a real motorcycle (like i need another.lol)
jeff had beer shooting out his nose he was laughing so hard at me.(this is all before the custom tank and paint where finished.

i manage to convince them to take it for a ride.
well look who's laughing now! 2 of them have already purchased engine kits
and theres talk of a boardtrack curcuit next year! (gotta give em time to build)

Last edited:
How about using a plastic travel soap dish (the rectangular kind with a lid that slides over the bottom half)?
You could cut out the intake hole with a exacto knife after drilling the first hole, and after making the carb hole, you could drill air holes as desired, and use a foam element or sponge like someone suggested.

13801050140.Smoke.jpg
various types exist, try walmart and dollar stores

Very clever! The tecumseh engine I'm working on has no air cleaner, so I'm looking for ideas. This general layout may well serve.

very cool build, you came up with some very clever ideas, but your fake sprocket on the crank gave me a chuckle

that fake sprocket was key when it came to stylizing this ride after a 1912 indian.
without it, it just looked like another bicycle with an moped engine strapped to it. :)

Although it's not my type of bike, it's one slick ride. I see you really took your time and did it up right. I also see you can do more then just put a kit on. I see that you still use the OEM clutch cable set up. Make yourself one of these, I know that you will see it will make all the difference in clutch operation.

Yea it does add to the aesthetics of your build for sure and I understand why you added it.

Your filter housing is also very cool.

did you make that kickstand ? It appears it is just held on by the rear bolts ,does it loosen when you use it ?

@Al,the mod is very use full , I built two of them myself and it does help with clutch pull and I will admit I got the idea from one of your posts.

Back