"damaged cylinder" /review of Power-King 80

G

gone_fishin

someone briefly mentioned a broken skirt falling off inside and chewing things up. bg joe i think.

i'm helping quay and friend with their "power king 80"...i was there when it was delivered & if i wrote a review of overall quality on the kit out of the box, it would get a "mostly below par."

anyway, they tried to re-seal the jug gasket ahead of time while they wait for the bicycle to arrive...i wasn't there i promise.

in the process, one cylinder-skirt on the casting was cracked (both ends) and one ring was broken. i have a spare ring if it fits. i applied light steady pressure to the skirt with a piece of wood til it cracked off. i figured it would break off all the way back to any weak spots and it did just that. the middle third of it is still there & it looks mighty clean, metallurgy-wise. pics tomorrow when i get back over there.

i'm tempted to try it & i need to know...before things got crunchy, did the engine run ok as far as compression, leaks, etc?

Bikeguy Joe said:
...and yeah, I'm calling more than shenanigans on that one!

50cc?

Not good advertising for them eh wot?

The next person I hear say Shenanigans I am going to pistol whip -- Super Troopers :devilish:

Thats a bummer quay but thats why I decided for my first motor I am going to use a Dax. I hear plenty of people have them and are happy.

Sorry about fleabay damage :(

SlicerDicer said:
Super Troopers :devilish:

:LOL: Exactly!

Augidog's sitting right here. Yes we knew to go with a dax & "i told you so" isn't making us feel any better right now. We tried to save money based on another justblissful customers' recommendation. Oh well.

Augie says if if we have to he can get this one running, but we're going to contact Ebay about false advertising first and see about getting some money back.

I looked and those listings are PP IE: Paypal protected. Maybe thats a route to go if need be?

I was not trying to say a I told so sorry if it came across that way. Anyway there are many ways to deal with shady people. PayPal Protection is one

The bottom Tier protection is 200$ so that should be enough to cover it if you dont qualify for the premium whatever whatchahoozit :) I never used PP protection but I am sure its worth looking into.

back home...

the paypal protection advice is the same i was passing along...thanks, slicer' :)

i think that it's such a shabby "80" because it's really a "50" :censored:

quay mailed this topic/link to the seller (justblissful) & i'm content to wait & see.

i can hear it now..."we're sorry, but by opening the engine to discover we lied to you you also voided all refund and warranty rights."

Augi,
Do you want us to attatch a post to yours on ebay or start one of our own?
(Get In on it)
Doc

its my guess that positive feedbacks are left for the sellers the instant that the motorkits are delivered, not actually installed and running. or, am i just stating the obvious? cuz we may want to mention to potential buyers to install immediately before warranty runs out, and not leave positive feedback until they know the kit is as it should be.

Done.(mine was addressed to Buyers)

so this is the reply i got do not know if i am happy whith that or not.Then again i my not beabele to do any thing else still looking into it<quay>

Hello and thank you for your email,

I'm very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Moped Bicycle Kit that you have received from us.

At this time, you are more than welcome to return the package received to us and we would be happy to issue you a refund for your payment.

Our return policy for eBay purchases is as follows :

RETURN POLICY
If a buyer is unhappy with their purchase, the buyer may return the item (in it's original condition) to us at the buyer's cost for shipping the item back to the seller. The buyer will be required to provide tracking information for use by seller to verify the return status of the shipment. Upon successful receipt of the returned product, a 30% restocking charge will be taken from the total payment for the item (the initial payment made for shipping, handling, and insurance costs) and a refund will be made through the initial payment method.

This has been taken directly from the eBay listing.

Return Procedure:
1. Ship the item to be returned to the following address :

RuiHong Enterprises Ltd.
7678 Winston St., Burnaby BC
Canada , V5A 2H4

If you are required to prepare a commercial invoice (for US Residents Only), please state the following :

CANADIAN GOODS RETURNING

RuiHong Enterprises Ltd. - Returns Department
7678 Winston St., Burnaby BC
Canada , V5A 2H4

Please note the value for the returning defective products/accessories or incorrect items received as : US$15.00

We reserve the right to deny receipt of packages where the value of the package being returned from the US is declared greater that US$15.00 .

2. Email us at justblissfulebay@gmail.com with the tracking information for the returned shipment. Please note your preferred refund payment method.

3. Upon confirmation of receipt of returned unit in it's original condition, you will be issued a 70% refund from the initial payment (unit cost, shipping and insurance) to the stated preferred payment method.

quay1962 said:
Please note the value for the returning defective products/accessories or incorrect items received as : US$15.00

We reserve the right to deny receipt of packages where the value of the package being returned from the US is declared greater that US$15.00 .

so, are they stating that their kit is worth 15$ or are they instructing you to lie on the customs form ?

Back