DAX 70 break-down with pics

the pics make it a bit difficult to diagnose damage or cause...the damage at the intake port makes me wonder if something got thru...any chance you could take the piston off and let us see the upper bushing?

i wish i could take more pics but my warenty is only good for 2 days i took the motor off packaged it up and sent it back to dax for a replacement

but what about the head the piston hitting it like that, thats not common is it in these happy time engines is IT

ok...i'll talk to him about it...thanks.

the piston-slap is exactly why i want to see the bushing.

Looks like it could have been the crank or the piston bearings gone bad, allowing the piston to travel further than it was intended to. That might explain some of the mushroomed metal to escape into the ring notches causin the piston hole.
Just a theory!
Doc

dockspa i was thinking the same thing the shavings from the head and piston contact may have done it im just glad this happend right in front of my house cause i was about to take a 10 miles ride in traffic that would have been a Bit$#

i asked dax about there performance exhaust they said the one on the 65 was there performance one it looks the same to me does anyone else no the diffrence

big difference in length of pipe, size of muffler, & sound...so i'm assuming it has some effect, but i can't say good or bad, yet.
Mvc-687f.jpg

after i break-in that 70, i'm going to swap & compare mufflers, but i don't want to distract from this specific review of the 65, so that's for another time and place.

gauge: i've been in contact with dax over your return & claim...the pics he sent me are of a "70"...let's get this cleared up post-haste.

Back