Dax's or grubee's

I have to say thatsdax has been the second best resource for information and assistance next to augidog on this very board.

When I signed up I was clueless, Duane responded to every email I sent, no matter how flustered or upset my emails came accross!

once this board took off we were able to relate our experiences to each other as to what works and what doesn't. I didn't need to bother Duane as much because I could get an answer in a few minutes from board members versus a few hours from Duane.

I am happy to have bought from Dax and given the chance I would do so again, although next time I will get the 70 instead of the 50.

Hello Im a new member and was clueless here too (this forum is not noobie friendly at all-more guides need to be stickied). But after asking the helpful forum members I decided to buy the Dax's 70cc, and it runs right out of the box. He also answered all of my emails promptly.

i love it...3 guys bustin their butts, noone volunteering, people criticizing & wanting even more...forums in general are not "noob-friendly"...it's called reading the faq and learning like everyone else...the forum members who were so helpful were new not that long ago, too. heck, we're barely a year old as it is. you assume & expect too much about/from volunteers who've freely given thousands of manhours to make MBc available to you in the first place.

you got your answer, but still couldn't resist taking a jab at the staff, eh?

after you've learned a bit about forum usage, the kits, and our community, feel free to volunteer to write some of those guides, we'll gladly place them appropriately.

that's my "give us a break, already" rant for the day.

I kind of understand that it's unpleasant to go through the previous threads to glean useful information. But it's ridiculous to expect a staff of three and a few dozen well-meaning lurkers to be able to sort and compile the best information that would be of use to any 'noob' FOR FREE.

It's a work in progress, and it's being done free of charge. Jeez some people can be insulting and I guess not even realize it.

Ok in defense of Kings, I got my motor very quickly, and it's run fine for nealy 1200 miles. I had a intake break and he replaced it free.

yeah, this poll was started way before we developed the diversity we enjoy here now...i hear good and bad about king's...i've also personally observed both good & bad from them...mostly my peeve is the "80" listing...

Dax Or Grubee?

As the engines are made by the same manufacturer why would it matter.
They are all made by China gas anyway. You guy's in the states seem to think these engines are made by dax or grubee which they are not. Same as zbox engines in Australia still made by china gas. Check out
http://chinabestexporter.com/Page/main.asp or http://www.zbox.com.au/index.htm
Have a look at the sites you will find some info.

Here goes. I bought four "80cc" engines from Kings. The first two gave out too soon, the third was so-so, but kept leaking at all the gaskets, no matter how often I snugged the bolts. That engine bit the dust when my torq wrench twisted the head studs off. Number four has three miles on it, sputtering and missing all the way. I ordered parts from King and did not get the best of service and two parts were junk. Screw King. Contacting them is like trying to contact a rock. Never an answer.

My one Grubee was a 49cc engine and it worked great but did not have the power to carry me up a hill, even with the low speed gear on the back wheel. I wore it out.

Now, I just got my Dax engine yesterday and installed it today. It will not run. So, I shall research and try to locate the problem. I tried to check the spark by removing the spark plug and pushed the bike to make the engine turn over and hopefully create a spark. Since I do not know what else I can do to check for spark, tomorrow I'll start on the fuel end and work down through the carburetor. I do hope this engine works. Kings is out and I cannot afford a Grubee 5 hp 4 stroke.

Have a good one,
Tom

It will work..

It will work or it will be replaced under warranty. All my Dax motors are backed with a 30 day guarantee!! They are great Motors. Also.. The 1cc post is totally incorrect. There are many many different factories in Asia making motors and parts. New ones popping up all the time too. Enjoy the ride....

Back