Dayton,Ohio, Whizzer Rider

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Don Brown, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Don Brown

Don Brown New Member

Hello All,
    I'm new to this site , however I have been riding my Whizzer for 8 years. I am retired and also ride bicycles a lot. I had my Whizzer about 2 wks. with 80 mi. on speedo. when the rear brake crapped out. I found a Bendix Brake at Portland Ind. VMBC Bike show. I laced it in myself and it has worked OK. I now have 800 mi. on the Bike. I wish I had found this site sooner.
    Don

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Don. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

3. Traveler

Traveler Member

Ohio Whizzer

Hi Don,

I'm from Vandalia, Ohio just a few miles north of Dayton. I have collected an H model Whizzer engine, and an old Columbia bike. I'll be working on getting a vintage Whizzer bike going in the next few months.

I once owned a Pacemaker with a J engine about 50 years ago. I'm excited to get started on the project.

4. Don Brown

Don Brown New Member

Hey Traveler,

I too had a H model Whizzer on a Schwinn Auto-cycle many-many years ago. However due to the high cost of buying a restored Whiz or buying up the parts and building one as you are doing . I bought a 2000 "Tiawan" "fake" Whizzer new in a box . Bad Idea!! But it still runs OK and it looks and sounds like a Whizzer so it will have to do. I also have 2 Honda's a 50cc and a 175 cc. to ride. I have ridden 1100 miles on the Whiz now. And about the same on the Honda's.

It sounds like you have a good start with a (H model Whiz and a Columbia Bike) so get busy and finish it. You will find lot's of advice here and also part's if you need some.