dealing with confrontational people while rideing

sad part is you have a real bike. he had a real MC. (even a pos one) False pride thing there, me thinks.

Folks who are happy and comfortable don't go out of their way to say any thing confrontational. Good folks want pleasant interaction. The one guy who's door I tried to kick shut on was driving a car that could be sold for less then my wally-world PB, whisper drive and HF engine. Some folks kids just ain't worth the argument. Though I always wanna and have to work on that.

:giggle:

haha, he was probably joking. People can sometimes be hard to read these days..

Serious people are joking, joking people are perfectly serious, who the **** knows.

I just nod and laugh in either case, it either diffuses them or gives a friendly response, can't go wrong. (Not that, like I said earlier, ive ever had anything but interest and admiration in my ride)

If they are real jerks.I give em the finger and pull down my pants and start urinating while having conversation.This usually makes em move on.If that does not work.I go my own way before I do something that lands me In prison or the grave.By the way,I don't urinate In public.Just joking.I just Ignore them or do as rm26 and rev up the clutch where I cannot hear them.

Last edited:
If they are real jerks.I give em the finger and pull down my pants and start urinating while having conversation.This usually makes em move on.If that does not work.I go my own way before I do something that lands me In prison or the grave.

I would not do that. You could be in violation of several laws and worse be labeled a sexual predator and never get another job again. Many states group public urination in the same law as public masturbation.....just athought

I would not do that. You could be in violation of several laws and worse be labeled a sexual predator and never get another job again. Many states group public urination in the same law as public masturbation.....just athought

I was just joking and letting off steam skyliner about urinating In public.I don't do that I just Ignore them unless they get physical.Which has not happened yet.And I hope It does not.I cut up a lot and say silly **** sometimes.I seriously have never done that.Need my job working for a bmw car owner too bad to do that.

When they say I am defeating exercise.I show my arms which are pretty big for a 195 lb guy and say do I look like I need exercise and I seriously doubt most these spandex warriors could do the workout I do on top of working In an aluminum foundry.

I've had a driver pass and honk at me while going 35mph downhill.:sick:

I had a lady drive yell at me when my engine died on me in the middle of the road.

I try my best not to respond to that road rage. It is so easy for them to slow down, turn around and run you over or sideswipe you.

Not worth it.:whistle:

Road rage is a real concern! Every one around here and inclueding myself has a gun in the car just incase of car jacking or putting down some poor animal you accadently hit. So in not only can they run you over if they get mad at you they might take a few shots at you if they are ****ed enough becase you kicked the car they are in or started to moon them. Its not uncommen to hear of people geting a bump from behind if you dont sprint to 60 as soon as the light hits green followed by MOVE YOUR A**!!. Depending on the conditions i try to cut through as many parking lots and sidewalks as I can to avoid these nuts while on my MB. So I kinda was looking for a way to deal with them in a non confretational manner when i started this thread.

sanctimonious cyclers

Here in Raleigh we have a huge pack of Friday and Saturday night pubcrawling bicyclists. They'll cruise the downtown watering holes in a pack of about 100-150. An interesting thing about them is their wanton disregard of traffic lights--if the mob has started through an intersection, they all come through sometimes taking two or three cycles of the light to clear the intersection.

No big deal, but a little dangerous and mildly disrespectful if you ask me, although I will admit that while on my non-motorized bike, I do take the traffice laws a little less to heart (as long as I'm not endangering myself or others.)

Anyway, the couple of times I've encountered them on the MB, the ones on old cruisers smile and wave; on the other hand, a couple of the guys in spandex superhero costumes have actually given me the finger.

Talk about needing to get a life as opposed to a "life style" . . .

Back