Dealing with stupid curious people when riding

its amazing how many people ask me about it.one guy gave me 5 bucks to tell him about it and take a couple pics.thnk dude.wish everyone of them did that ide have a pocket full.

OMG, I hear you. I fly model airplanes and helecoptors. I always get," How high will it go?"..."How far will it go?"....and of course.."How much does it cost?". Well, It will go so high and so far that you can't see it anymore...but with it costing so much, I like to see it so I can control it. Sometimes I just want to go out and relax and fly with-out being bothered. It takes brain power to fly these things and some people just want to talk. I hear you about the questions. Now I've got to worry about people when I'm riding as well.....I just can't win:snobby: All-well!!

so far ive just had the average qusetions like how much - about $500 did you make it - yes I even welded the frame together with nails and pulled the engine out off my a** lol I dont realy do that I enjoy people asking about it when I first started riding it to work everyone was asking about it but I enjoyed ansering all the questions.

i got those questions alot.... my solution was to take backroads and avoid lights. seems to work alright. it got to a point where i was talking to people like 5 times a day. thats when i stopped riding downtown lol. being 15 i always got guys from other schools bothering me alot though. but ive got a pretty quick mouth, so they usually backed off pretty quick:devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to expect people to be curious and ask questions. Most people have never seen a homemade motorized bicycle. When you think about it... it is pretty crazy.

If I saw something crazy, like a flying car... I would want to ask the owner several questions.

I get asked a lot of questions. I think it is rude when people ask how much it cost.

One guy saw my bike (push trailer) at Lowes and said... "what are those called, I want to look it up and buy one off the internet!"

I promptly said... I MADE it, they don't sell these (My head got really big).

It dont bother me that people want to ask about the bikes.
We are glad people are interested

I guess I am used to it because I have owned muscle cars and I get a camaro paparazzi or charger paparazzi when I drive them about town.

The daisy duke comments do get old.

The craziest thing that ever happend was when I stopped at a gas station to air my air shocks up at that time they had a leak at that time? When I parked some guy pulled into the gas station and jumped out of his car and tried to jump in to feel my dash of the camaro. he said oooohhh is that an original 73 camaro dash... as he was in my window.. I now drive with passenger window UP.

I do get a little offended when men ask what guy worked on MY cars when I was the one restoring them MYSELF.
oh and when men DEMAND for me to open my hood ... NO WAY
let them touch my car ... lol
and the comment that a my camaro is illegal to be on the street...when they hear it run
its JUST a 454 it dont have enough power for me. I was disappointed in the big block not having enough power.
I had a 350 in my 72 RS and I was hoping the 454 would be a big difference maybe some but not enough for what I was expecting

Its not like the race car I will be driving this summer when I get to beat all those guys on the track !!!! Ha ha hee hee that car has so much power its scary
hahhahhah we hope to do a wheel stand down the track this year loln its an awesome car !!!

The bikes are cool and we are always happy that people are interested. We are glad bikes are catching on. They are building more bike lanes here locally. which is cool and we can travel more readily but we ride ours everywhere. We love them they are so much fun.

Last edited:
So I'm at the traffic light. Usually I'm in the center of the lane; this time I'm way towards the left side.

Here's this older man in his van admiring my twin-engined cruiser....

trying to sidle up RIGHT NEXT to my bike!

I give him a quick bark and move to the center of the lane.:mad:

Yea, you have to hold your road, or the cagers will try to squeeze every last inch of that lane next to you.

Back