Dealing with stupid curious people when riding

"The Dragon Lady" has a step-thru frame and single speed...with front basket.:whistle:

The machinist I patronize saw me on the highway. He said he thought I was going 50mph!:eek:

Nah, I said. About 38mph.:devilish:

Zsane

I ride the Buffalo Bike path once in a while... I'd love to put together a NE ride up here!

It runs @ 40 miles.

People scream at me to turn arround. It's like I won the Tour De France or something. I guess we just have to deal with it! I try real hard to be nice to those people, they have Mother's too ya know!

I'm 62. The time will come when old age will push me onto a three-wheel recumbent so I won't fall over while at a stop.

However, I'll still be motorized.:devilish:

You can always regress to "training wheel(s)", I did it twice for customers worried about dizzy spells.

You can't use the kind meant for kids 35-50 pounds, but a metal shop can beef up the gauge, and the actual wheels are easy to find or to buy.

What do you tell the pigs {aka cops} when they try to tell you your bike is not legal and try to give you a fine? 1 of these times i think i am going to get a fine. So what should i do? It is perfectly legal to ride these in maine so what am i suppose to do? Print out the laws of it and carry it with me?

if you DO get a fine and a runaround from "the man"
best to be curteous and just take the fine. You have a courtdate to appear, be prepared to pay the fine on this date as well BUT!
this is where your research comes into affect. If they are perfectly legal you must prove so. And the officer who gave you your ticket must try and state his case against you. Probley will get thrown out if your research proves legality

I doubt they'd even turn up in court. I don't really see a cop proving what size your engine was, or it's exact power output, nor can I see a judge understanding it. If you have your test results showing power, and a copy of the legislation in your jurisdiction, they'll just drop it. If you were speeding, though, get your checkbook out.

I honestly do believe in free speech, but do we want to call them pigs here?
(Don't take it as a criticism. I'm asking the question sincerely. Let's get a consensus.)

I don't have quite as much faith in law enforcement as I used to. But are they downright evil?

Yea they are pretty bad up here thats the only reason i call them pigs. We have the largest police force in maine and my town only has 10,000 people.So police force in my town is opressive.I use to respect them but I no longer do because of the fact they try to nail you for every little thing like riding a bike with a motor on it.Sorry if i offended you by calling them pigs though.

I prefer not, I know we have some active MB riders, there was a retired investigator in Florida and some regular petrolman guy in Kansas, iirc, members of the police force AND general good MB members.

Cops and PoPo and variations of that you hear on t.v, but **gs is soooooo "sixties".

p.s. one thing you have to keep in mind, that often these cops are underpaid, and 30-40% are doing part time work, esp. Nat'l Guard or Reserve, to make ends meet.

Back