Deals Gap

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by redpiper777, Jan 6, 2009.

1. redpiper777

redpiper777 Member

Goofy idea and not even sure if it would be legal to ride an MB here but a friend of mine suggested we ride through deals gap this summer if my bikes ready...I think we'd probably get run off the road and I'm guessing a few big hills but check it out...The big draw is for motorcycle riders with a wapping 318 turns in 11 miles ! Sounds like a LOT of fun...Somebody outta organize a ride...

This is one of the many websites

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Hi redpiper,

Why do bagpipers march?

To get away from the noise.

and I never, ever would have guessed that I'd find an opening for that lame joke on this site.
  3. redpiper777

redpiper777 Member

Good one..Iv'e heard a lot of them and thats a new one on me !

Got another one for you..

What do real pipers wear under they're kilt ?

Shoes !
  4. redpiper777

redpiper777 Member

I think I'm gonna put the breaks on a Deals Gap ride...I watched a few videos on youtube and figured the old MB's would be a little too slow for a ride like that...A lot of the motorcycles are going way too fast and a lot of the corners have real tight turns without being able to see the end of the curve...End result: having to go to the hospital to have a Kawasaki Ninja pulled out of your tail end !
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  5. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Sorry to go off-topic on you. But Michigan is my home state. Hillsdale County, south of Jackson, to be more precise.

What part of the winter wonderland are you in?
  6. redpiper777

redpiper777 Member

Mid Michigan near a town called Portland...About half way between Lansing and Grand Rapids...I grew up in Sterling Heights if youve ever heard of that town...