Death of the NE-5

K

Kep1a

Well I went to the Whizzer site today and was saddened to see the NE-5 is officially gone. It has been replaced by the NE-R. So I must say it is now official and just like going to a funeral my going to the site and not seeing the NE-5 there was for me closure. I sure hope they made the correct decision.

Kep1a

http://whizzermotorbike.com/Specifications.html

We'll see how well the new NE-R sells. I still think they should not have discontinued the NE5, because that was their bread-and-butter machine. I don't know why they felt that the two models couldn't coexist in their product line. Not a very smart marketing move in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

I have already received reports on a few of the NE-r versions. So far not one happy camper. I sure was hoping things would be different. I wish the best for them. There are a few NE5 models around, still isn't too late to grab one before they are simply a foot note in the history books.

Have fun,

To the contrary, i HAVE HEARD NOTHING BUT VERY POSITIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE NEW WHIZZER NER, WONDER WHERE q'S REPORTS ARE FROM?????

Compression valve leaks in head, pipe turning blue, comrression lever pulled off compression cover, won't pull up small incline, won't idle, blows oil out vent system, has problem reaching 20 MPH, hard to use wide pedal system to start, etc.....
Have fun,

Last edited:
One new one left...

I still have a NEW 2008 NE5 for sale! The first $1850 gets it. I have the orig shipping crate to put it back into if needed. I uncrated it, assembled it, and adjusted carb, belts, etc. to make sure everything was ok. Total of 16 miles on it to break it in and seat the clutch shoes. Ready to go. Would look good under someones x-mas tree. 219-405-6845. Located in NW Indiana, 46310.

Attachments

• rh.jpg
    rh.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 206
To the contrary, i HAVE HEARD NOTHING BUT VERY POSITIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE NEW WHIZZER NER, WONDER WHERE q'S REPORTS ARE FROM?????

Quenton has forgotten more about Whizzers than you and I will ever know. If he says he has had unfavorable reports about problems with the NER, I believe him. He has nothing to gain by spreading false information. I'm sure a few owners are happy but I have not heard them speak yet. I really hope Whizzer takes the time to get it right. It would be a shame to drag the Whizzer name down the tubes because of design and mfg. mistakes.

Jim

Are you from the company?!? We all know the truth.
Rif 'FTF' Addams:devilish:

Have fourteen 2005 new NE5's in stock

I became a Whizzer dealer a couple of months ago. My exbrother in law was a dealer who got sick and his inventory went into storage. I have red,blue,black, 24"& 26" , some with manual clutch,some still in crates.
My phone 805-686-5934
Baverian (Howard)

Back