deleted

combolever.jpgI wanted to know if anyone had experience and instructions with the combo clutch brake lever. I ordered one already but a website that sells them had this to say so I wanted to have instructions before I get it:

Some customers have found the distance traveled by the clutch arm between gear 1 and 2 to be lacking. The gear actuator can be modified internally to exclude the use of gear 2 and therefore the transition would be from gear 1 to 3, thus allowing for an additional length of pull on the clutch arm.

More:
The new Combo Brake and Clutch Lever handle features a combination of the clutch lever and the brake lever in one easy to use unit. Perfect for bicycles that come stock with two brake levers, this unit allows you to mount a clutch lever on the handle bar without sacrificing the second brake lever. It features a sleek and stylish design to match all bicycles.

How does it work?

Instead of using the 3 gear actuator for shifting, you simply use gears 1 and 2 to either have the clutch engaged (gear 1) and disengaged (gear 2). To disengage the clutch, you would push the thumb actuator and switch it to the 2nd gear position. Then to engage the engine, you push the finger trigger to shift from 2nd gear to 1st gear which engages the clutch.

Last edited:
Back