Dellorto carb setup for sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
For sale to highest bidder:
12mm original Dellorto carburetor and throttle cable and foam air filter and extended offset intake tract (which gives better low RPM power).
Details: carb has modified jetting as is described on my web site which worked good at sea level for my 48cc Grubee engine that had 140 psi compression and Jaguar CDI and expansion chamber (my torque pipe). The distance from beginning of intake manifold to beginning of carburetor is 4+5/8". Distance from beginning of carb to end of filter is 3+1/2". The offset intake has a 33mm bolt hole spacing center-to-center which is for the 48cc. Its inside diameter is 17mm.

retail costs:
$71 carburetor (SHA 14.12L)
$13 offset intake
$12 throttle cable
carbholes.jpg
ext-intake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jaguar, iv noticed you know a great deal about the carb details so I thought id ask. I bought a dellorto clone and dose great on take off but it wont hit top end speeds, what should I do to fix this?

just change the main jet. only by experimentation can you know the right size. Instead of buying a bunch of jets I chose to just fill the hole with solder and then drill out a new hole with micro drill bits. more info is on my site...

Hey jaguar so what ur saying is the hole in the jet needs to be smaller no larger

maybe smaller, maybe larger.
if your jet needs to be larger then you can just drill it out without first adding the solder.
read about carburetor jetting tips on the internet to get a clue first.

Back