Dellorto SHA 12 clone on a 66cc HT

FelipeCobu

Local time
6:39 AM
Hi,

I do have a SHA 12 clone standing and was wondering if will
it fit the requirements of my HT 66cc engine, I do suspect its too
small, but if someone has a different idea could please talk to me.

Thanks

Felipe Cobu

I have tried the Delorto SHA 14 clone and didn't find it to be any better in performance or transition any better than a correctly jetted NT carburettor.
I returned my Delorto clone to the Vendor and purchased other engine components.

Hi Guys,

I have a real Dellorto SHA16 on my motor and it goes ok but I still had to jet it to #80 well its actually jetted to .793mm as thats the only drill bit i had, and it doesn't go much faster, but it gets to top speed quicker, it does 50kmh in 4th gear with 3 gears to go, but I only get 6 extra kmh from those 3 gears, in my opinion after spending a bit of money, these engines aren't worth spending a lot on, just get it to be as reliable and strong as possible, and have fun!

regards,

Chookawatts

When someone finally releases a small electronic fuel injection setup,,, our carburation problems will be instantly solved.

Carburettors are yesterdays technology and rightly so!

Fuel injection is available right now if you're willing to fork out the cash.
Dellorto not as good as stock POS Chinese junk? I strongly disagree. When I switched to a 12mm Dellorto it started easier, idled better, had more grunt, and gave me 6% more top speed.
It will work on a stock 66cc as long as its not modified for much higher rpm.

Dellorto Carbs have been an excellent carb since I was a little boy, buy the right Dellorto carb for the right application wether it be race, performance or street and you will increase performance and reliability, but fuel injection will always be the best option!

I don't think Dellorto clone carbs are worth the money. The stock NT Speed carb works just as well except in one area, starting. The dellorto clones start instantly.

I'm going to sell my dax rt carb and go back to a speed NT carb. I need the ability to be able to drop needle valve height as I'm gaining 4-5000 feet in altitude over the court of a ride and you can't do that with a Dellorto clonse.

That's true. the Dellorto has no adjustment other than changing the main jet.

I'm riding a my Dellorto clone now, It seems to be well all the power band but is way lean after 43 Km/H. Since I have new pistons rings on it I gave it more oil and will reduce the ratio a little and check how it behave. Else that, its fine too me. Will be working on a reed valve (from the AV-10 engine since its highly available here in Brazil) and perhaps it will need a bigger carb than this.

Felipe Cobu

Hi Jaguar,
I have bought one of your CDI's and I'm very happy with it but not sure which jumpers to use, I have left it as it came, but I'm thinking maybe I should be using the B2 jumper but not sure, your instructions say: use what runs best, but if we look at my setup, its a standard $129AU engine kit, not a grubee or DLL etc. it has an 16.16 Delorto SHA carb with a .793mm jet, a SBP expansion Chamber with a SBP muffler kit on the end, a rocksolid reed kit, a K&N type air filter, I ported the exhaust manifold to increase the flow into the expansion chamber, I fabricated and fitted a matched copper gasket, but the copper and silicon tube set up from SBP really needs to be replaced with one tube the right size and shape to keep the flow moving, which ill do this weekend, I have also fitted a jackshaft kit with a seven speed derailer, I shaved the head and completely removed the ring around the chamber, then fitted Stainless steel head studs and fabricated a copper head gasket, it has a B6HS spark plug, Ive ordered an iridium one from SBP, I have not done any port modifications, due to tightening the head too tight, the barrel wont come out without stripping the whole engine down, it runs sweet as it is and does 50kph in 4th gear, so far i cant seem to keep the revs up enough through the last 3 gear changes to get past 56kph top speed, in your opinion does this setup warrant the B2 jumper, and do you move the jumpers or add the jumpers? and thanks for providing us motoredbikes people with such a great CDI

regards,

Chookawatts

PS: my original Delorto (not copy) was and still is missing the float bowl gasket, and I have had to order one for it, not a very good Quality control team at Delorto!

Last edited:
Back