Dellorto

John Ryan

Local time
4:01 AM
I have seen many folks tryin out the new Dellorto! Nice! One fellow snaped pics.. Another talked bout different jets he is GONNA try, and said he would get back. I'm dyin to know!! Does the carb work? What jet do you have to change? Size? Please!

Welcome to the forum!
Where are you from? What do you ride? Do you do high performance work?

I'm from Ripon California. My bike looks very vintage. Give your email address, I'll send pics. Don't know how to post pics here. I've got questions if any one can help, regarding high speed fuel starvation.

High speed fuel starvation, eh?
Common causes:
Improper carburetor jetting.
Debris stuck in fuel jet(s).
Debris stuck in float valve seat.
Improper float height setting.
Clogged float chamber air vent.
Clogged fuel filter.
Clogged fuel valve.
Clogged or kinked fuel hose.
Gas cap not venting properly.
Air leak in intake manifold.
And maby a few more that I can't recall right now.

Here's a tutorial on uploading pictures that Large Filipino made for us.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9817

Good luck on your carburetor woes!

Welcome to the forum John Ryan! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

Dellorto no need now

Hhhmmmmm!! I modified my intake and mounted a chainsaw carb to my bike. Didn't think it would work to well. But, it works great!! As if it's fuel injected!! Don't know how to put up pics here, but I'll email the pics to any one

Just getting back to you. Yesterday, I mounted a chainsaw carburetor. I took it on a 30 mile run. Runs GREAT!! I tried the stock NT the so called improved CNS. They are garbage! (as you know). Chainsaw carb should come stock with these kits. My bike looks sweet too. 1936 Shelby frame, Monark forks, copper fuel tanks. I'm usein a iPhone to do this, I have no PC. I can only Email pics. I'm dyin to show my machine off.

I installed a Dellorto SHA 15.15 carb on my 66cc Grubee the other week. Outta the box the bike would not start. I took off the air filter and cover (Give it more air) and it started up, but ran super rich. I ended up going down from a #68 jet to a #64. I'm @ sea-level.
The bike runs smoother through the power band, and idles better.
With this mod, and a high compression head, the bike runs great. Now, it will climb any hill in the area. I live in a very hilly area. I also weigh, 220 lbs.

Back