Detuning four stroke

Here is a picture kinda bad its from my phone but you get the idea :unsure:

Attachments

• downsized_0210001721.jpg
    downsized_0210001721.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 211
That is a carb for the HS 142F it has the diaphragm pump and no bowl and will also fit the Hondas as well, BUT if you have a Honda it should have come with a pump and would let you use the same carb with float, so no need to neck down but thats a whole new thread on pumps.:unsure:

When I get done here I will look for the articles on it and post the links

Nah it comes complete as a kit the carb bolts to the adapter and then that whole assembly bolts up like normal.

When you dyno, if your laws are not specific, I would suggest dynoing at the rear wheel...otherwise if you reduce power to 200 watts at the crankshaft, you will have well under that at the rear wheel. If you tune to the rear wheel output, you will preserve as much power as possible. Again, it depends on the law.

If it can be determined that 200 watts of produced power is to be measured at the rear wheel, there are a few nifty options for power down techniques.

1) The calorific content and octane rating determin power potential of a fuel
Suppling a high compression engine (with a billet cylinder head) and low octane & low calorific fuel will induce power robbing detonation, especially if jetted lean.

2) Adjust the flower nut on the clutch so it slips just before 200 watts is produced.

3) Increase exhaust restriction to lower power figures.

4) Install a wide knobby tyre and run it at the lowest possible pressure on the dyno roller.
It will induce significant friction and lower power output at the roller.

5) Allow a percentage of exhaust gas to be recirculated into the intake air stream - this will hurt power production significantly.

Fabian

Last edited:
Hey Thanks ,all usefull methods that will help lower the power figures ,
I have heard that roller dynos cant give accurate readings of small low output engines , this could work in my favor .

Last edited:
Back