Dexron3+2stroke

AlexRSS8

Local time
5:27 AM
I was reading on Zbox.com.au, and a bloke said that instead of using the traditional 2 stroke oil use DexronIII Automatic gearbox oil, The kind they use in Automatic commodores and falcons.

I'd generally be more inclined to take advice from someone in Australia, but im not 100% sure if they sell DexronIII in America but meh

Not good in my opinion. Gear box oils contains additives to prevent gear contact wear (high pressure points). These additives will foul your plug plus quickly and create lots of buildup on your piston. Added benefit of using this is you'll probably kill every bug in n'hood with your exhaust cloud.

I'm inclined not to reinvent the wheel and traditional oils regardless of where the bloke is from.

Not good in my opinion. Gear box oils contains additives to prevent gear contact wear (high pressure points). These additives will foul your plug plus quickly and create lots of buildup on your piston. Added benefit of using this is you'll probably kill every bug in n'hood with your exhaust cloud.

I'm inclined not to reinvent the wheel and traditional oils regardless of where the bloke is from.

Meh, fair enough im pretty sure i'll stay with castrol 2 stroke oil then

well that's a new one to me anyway ??

instead of using the traditional 2 stroke oil use DexronIII Automatic gearbox oil, The kind they use in Automatic commodores and falcons.

well that's a new one to me anyway ??

we wouldn't want to take a chance on that -- now would we ???

I like that well known and used 2-stroke oil -- when the crank thing is spinning !

ride that thing

I agree with the others.

Automatic tranny fluid is more expensive than TC oil anyway.

People who fly RC airplanes and drive RC cars use a mix of ATF and Marvel Mystery Oil to oil their engines for long term storage so the castor oil doesn't gum up the works.

Back