Did your friends think you were crazy when you got a MB?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by wildchild04, Jun 20, 2008.

1. wildchild04

wildchild04 New Member

I'm thinking of getting one for a commuter, 5 miles each way. My friends think I'm nuts, and get the reaction of just ride your bike.

Or, I've only seen one of those in town, ridden by that weird, crazy guy...

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Yes, they did. I pity them, they envy me.

3. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

My friends wouldn't expect anything less from me...

4. eljefino

eljefino Member

Mine looked at my MBC as a continuing trend in my already wacky character development.

5. Aussie_Glenn

Aussie_Glenn Member

Think I'm crazy? Yes.
    Surprised? No.

6. Alan

Alan Member

No, they know the deal. It's expected of me. I still play with R/C heli's, and still light fireworks too. I'm 47 !:p

7. crabdance

crabdance Member

Yes, my friends and my wife all think I have gone over the deep end. My wife thinks it's just a fad and I will soon be over it and won't ride anymore... NOT!

cd

8. NO! I AM NOT CRAZY!!
    Everyone ELSE is crazy!
    Ha HAHAHAHA!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

9. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

My brother attributed it to the fact that I may have smoked too many agricultural products as a teenager.

10. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

YES !!,
    but then, as with others they are never totally surprised, i'm an ALL IN OR NOTHIN' kind of guy.

i sold my car before my kit arrived, i've put my '02 ZRX1200R street bike up for sale. if i can find a tube frame dune buggy with a title and lights i'm going to buy it for driving to work this winter.

i figure it's no diff. than snowmobiling (which i love) and do you remember how fun VW bugs were on snow ?!?

my son was sure i had finally lost it when i told him what to expect. that is UNTIL he heard the GP460 running and saw me going by at 35mph.

then he wanted to ride it and now wants one too.

life is good,
    steve

11. Alan

Alan Member

:lol::lol::lol:

You too huh ? :cool:

Your brother is a wise man. ;)

12. l312ain

l312ain New Member

you have frends some how ill make an enemy out of this project

13. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

The thing about being crazy is that the thing that person does makes perfect sense ;)

So it's just a point of view, heheh.

--gebe 35cc robin-subaru

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  14. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

Yeah, I earned my handle (user name sounds so substance abuse-ish) long before computers and forums arrived on the scene. Funny thing is, out 'there' I'm Nuttsy, in 'here' I'm normal! ...Here is a good place.
    WC

15. BSA

BSA Guest

They thought I was no more crazy than they already thought I was. Who's laughing now with a 128 mpg motorcycle that can be peddled. besides they know I yearn for the olden days and as this is a rather traditional mechanical hobby, they weren't really suprised.

BSA

16. Snax

Snax Member

The friend that got me into motorcycles in general saw it and proclaimed: "Dude, that is so white trash!"

Followed by: "How much did that cost you? Where'd you get it?" and "How's the fuel economy?" . . .

17. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

^-Thats awesome!
    I bet thats how a lot of people react to them at first.

18. Dub

Dub Guest

I heard this after the fact from somebody there...

a couple days ago a group of about 8 or 9 people at work were all standing around looking at my bike. They were discussing whether or not I was a total dork or a complete genius. Well a friend of mine had walked up and told them that I get about 150 MPG and they all decided on genius.

Not that I care what they think and you shouldn't either. It's way fun and I always get the best parking spot.

peace,

Dub

19. pedalpower

pedalpower Member

Na, they'll just think I'm lazy since I already bike to work. Now, if I put my engine on my carbon frame-I will be certifiable.

20. Snax

Snax Member

I've been told by some that I already had a 2-stroke; left leg, and right leg. Apparently they aren't aware that the imprint of the couch rarely fades from this potato's butt. :rolleyes: