difference between Grubee Starfire and Grubee Skyhawk ???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Turtle Tedd, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

What is the difference btween the Grubee Gen-2 48cc Skyhawk and the Grubee Gen-2 48cc Starfire

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Starfire motors come from the Nantong Jiali factory (NTJL), the Skyhawk motors are made by the Yuang Dong factory. (YD)

I am unaware that there is a Gen II made by YD with the Skyhawk name. Do you have a product link?

(FWIW, the NTJL engines are the best IMO)
  3. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Arceeguy I have the Starfire motor kit on my bike from Kingsmotoredbikes..running good 400miles ..have upgrades and was thinking of getting a spare motor......Have MM sprocket and adapter installed..well Kings is having sale for one more week..I can get a Skyhawk complete kit for less than buying another Staffire (motor only) ....Was wondering if the Skyhawk and the Starfire had the same case length and mounting hole dimensions
  4. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Starfire motors are manufactured by China Gas Inc.
  5. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

so ..do any of you guys have the Skyhawk gen 2 Grubee motor?...is it as good as the Starfire
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  6. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

:grin5: Well, I have the Skyhawk Slant 48 g2......Same miles at this point 389. Does great at 32:1,NGK,Wire,SBP expansion, port matched. I'm 6' 6", 255, and does very well considering. I go easy on it, but on flat once ran 34+ on 26" MTB.:cool2:
  7. Bryan Smith

Bryan Smith Member

I have the Gen II motor and I love it. I just wish I could get parts for it when and if it finally breaks.