Different Degrees Of Judgement In Heaven ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mountainman, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

I have noticed that some of you out there are Bible scholars

some believe in Christ Our Lord and a coming Judgement Day

others here -- don't believe in a God and let it be known -- as we pray for them

anyway here is THE QUESTION

I wonder some times regarding some of our friends
    who bash the Bible and God out loud to others
    as they are talking publicly about denying God and the Bible
    have they even caused another to be lead away from believing ??

the Bible talks about it being better to have a millstone tied around our neck
    and be thrown overboard
    than to lead another into sin

so would these ones who lead others astray be judged in a different degree ??

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Good luck getting a definitive answer as to just what level of **** your "just and loving god" might consign any particular "sinner" to. Go read Dante Alegre's The Inferno.

Frankly, your discussion makes this character sound like a petulant teenage girl that is mad enough to stimp her little foot because some hot guy has paid attention to another girl.
  3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

nope... I think we are all judged the same, some are saved and some are not.

The Bible does tell us that sin is sin, and all sin is punishable by "death" without salvation with Blasphemy being the only unforgivable sin.

As far as GOD is concerned I don't think there is much difference... it all smells like rotting carcasses to him.

I am however happy that I don't have to stand in front of Jesus and explain to him how I told everybody on the internet he doesn't exist, or that he is the problem with the world and that everybody that believes in him are part of the problem. I am happy that he will know my face and say "welcome, we have been expecting you".

SS, people like you and my wife are the main reason I believe in the Lamb's book of life. Some people cannot be convinced while other people crave the word. My wife is one of those people that did not grow up in the Church at all. However she was always interested in what I had to say about GOD... I wasn't trying to "save" her, she just kinda "saved" herself. It was like GOD was calling one of his lost sheep back to the flock... it really was amazing.
  4. Mountainman

what's Dante got to do with it ??
    did he walk on water ?? ok then

good story there give me vtec regarding your wife
    yes I have seen that same THING played out so many times
    ones that are craving to be saved
    knowing how much they need and want God in their lives
    and the ((GOOD WORKS)) that some of these new believers do -- amazing !!

some being held to a higher accout
    well teachers and pastors will be judged differently according to the Bible

different levels of Helll -- any separation from God would be a BAD THING

ever look up the work BAD in an old dictionary ?? it means EVIL
    so when people say that they have a bad back -- they are really saying they have a evil back

what better way for the devil to have his way with us
    changing our language to mean untrue THINGS

5. sparky

sparky Active Member

MM, you're a cook. The many languages throughout humanity have always evolved, just like our concept of God.

If you can prove the existence of God without using just one source of "scripture"... I'll join your religion.
  6. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

look how far cristianity has come!its spread all over the world.is that gods plan?when the time comes,you wont be able to say you seeked him if you never gave the bible a chance.

heres my question.why cant scientists make life?they only alter life forms.we think we know so much but shouldnt we be seeing clear evidence of micro organizims on mars.

sorry to highjack the thread
  7. Mountainman

you can't say that you haven't been told

sparky -- you can't say that you haven't been told
    a good old black man used to say that to non beleivers

thinking that if you sparky read the whole Bible through cover to cover just once
    you would see that it was inspired by God
    and you would reailize that no man or group of men could ever make something like that up
    I would even send you a Bible or two or four or ten
    I am the leader of the Bible Ministry
    I supply Bibles and Christian Kids books to over 30 businesses
    and have the job of handing many many out each week into many hands

sparky where did all of that wisdom in the Bible come from -- man ?? come on now
  8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Every single word in every translation of the bible, as well as all other religious "scriptures" of any religion is the product of man - both the wisdom and the fantasues.

Show me your proof that the statement above isn't true - and your faith proves nothing to anyone but you. Understand me, MM (and those who share the faith) - if it comforts you, if it helps you with your life, great. I do not ask you to abandon your faith, I do not say it makes you a worse person for having it, but I have no need to embrace it.

When approached by those proselytizing for christ, I am polite to them, and decline to accept their offers of tracts, or bibles, or "ministry". I do the same to the muslim missionary in my community, and to the offers from my Indian friends to teach me about hinduism. My daughter and I have an understanding as regards her buddhism - she practices it, but she doesn't try to tell me about it.

Some, even most, people seem to feel this "need" to believe in magical things. That need isn't a part of me. So, if you are correct as regards god making all things, then he made me as I am, and is thus responsible for who I am.

No, I don't nelieve that either, it merely follows from the logic of your claims.
  9. Mountainman

how did man know that

how did man know that
    written hundreds of years before Christ
    the Bible said that one would come to die on the cross for our sins

this is a good THING SS
    causing me to get back into my Bible some more
    a lot of THINGS (facts) need to be pointed out to you
    then again the Bible talks about wiping off our sandals

10. sparky

sparky Active Member

I went to a Catholic school. I think I know a thing or two about Christianity. Islam has come and is still spreading, too... Hinduism has come and is still spreading... Buddhism has come, but it's not spreading as much, because that's the nature of the religion.

And that's even a "credible" source.

I have no argument with you there. Tho, I think the majority of good things that are found in the world are inspired by God. It does not make them all infallible.

Yes, it did come fram man. It came from anywhere from tens of thousands of years of civilized peoples... or maybe even more time than that, where people didn't live to be in their 80s & 90s... so they had to grow up quicker and evolve quicker.

I used to always think that the human eyes were enough proof of God, but then I realized that the evolution of light-seeing organs (eyes) mostly likely happened in insects who lived anywhere from a few hours to a couple days... that would speed up the evolution of eyesight pretty quickly.

Where did all the wisdom to build the pyramids come from?? That's a good start to understanding where religions come from.

EXACTLY! There are so many "scriptures" it's unreal to believe that any of them are more correct than the next, when they are mostly the same -- Do good! And that's why Buddhism is the greatest religion of most, IMHO... it's not like a virus, where you're required to spread the word, instead of the spirit of the word.

OK... so you think the Bible is infallible. I'm here to tell you that no work of art, created by man is infallible. You could have done all this by playing devil's advocate and searching for "inconsistencies in the bible".

I haven't read any of those, but I know the majority of them are true. In my research before, I found out that "The One" was supposed to be a descendant of David, which everybody believes was Jesus. But Joseph was a descendant of David, and Jesus was NOT a descendant of Joseph. Ya can't have it both ways. I'd love to type more, but I gotta go to a funeral. :(
  11. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

The man-made chromosome will be transplanted into an existing bacterial cell and is expected to take control of the cell. When the synthetic DNA takes over, the cell will be a new species.

once again they need a existing bacteria to put their man-made chromosome in.
    i personally isnt buying it!
  12. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

A chromosome is an organized structure of DNA and protein that is found in cells. It is a single piece of coiled DNA containing many genes, regulatory elements and other nucleotide sequences. Chromosomes also contain DNA-bound proteins, which serve to package the DNA and control its functions.

you mother ****ers better quit fucing with mother nature.god DOSENT like that!
  13. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

dont worry MM these atheists are going to be persecutiing all us christians in the near future.
  14. Mountainman

it's ok

it's ok
    I am up for it
    got a good hide away -- up top the mountain
    just goes to prove
    God takes care of me and the little mountain Lady
  15. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Amen, Brother!! Testify!!!

Do you guys feel persecuted because someone does not share your beliefs?

I believe Freedom of Religion also includes the freedom NOT to participate in any religion.
  16. sparky

sparky Active Member

Honestly, I didn't search too hard for that. I couldn't even give you a reasonable summary. I *was* searching for an article where some scientists used some kinda matter and electricity and did create life... but I have a feeling that will take me awhile. That was several years ago, where I'd seen that.

Point is... you have no idea of knowing whether WE are in a scientist's test tube or not. Like I said... if you have any other proof about the supernatural, other than "scripture", I'll convert today. But if you've got scripture... and Mohammed's got scripture... and Hindus have no god, one God, and many gods [at the same time], and so on and so forth... THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL ANOTHER WHAT TRUTH IS.

And, even tho I'll agree that Christianity is probly closer to truth than the rest.... it's still NOT infallible. Religions, scripture, and the concept of God, or gods, is and will always be evolving with mankind. There were far more books written about Jesus than were in the Bible. Why weren't they included? Because some group of guys thought they weren't up to snuff. They picked and chose what would make the book most consistent, but that still doesn't make it infallible. What proof do you have that the Bible is infallible? I've already presented reasoning that it's not

I'm sure you can find some inconsistencies in the Bible if you look for them, but you have no interest in that do you? ... because you are biased. I, on the other hand, am waiting for proof/evidence about your side of the story, so long as it does not involve only one source of "scripture".
  17. sparky

sparky Active Member

Seriously, tho... Scientologists have scripture. And if you were intoxicated enough, it might sound like truth. So what?? Scripture does not immediately equal truth! It's only truth if it's scientifically verifiable thru repeated observation.

Taking stories that were written anywhere from 50 to hundreds of years after Jesus' death... just means that they were stories. Selecting some of those stories and calling them Gospel, just means that a few guys thought they were REALLY GOOD stories.

Paul wrote his stories closest to the death of Jesus, and he doesn't mention the Virgin Birth... yet the others do. Why do they just add the Virgin Birth hundreds of years after his death? How do they know what Mary and Joseph did... and who truly knocked her up? It's all hearsay, and I object to it.

Now... Scientology, on the other hand... that's a GREAT story!
  18. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

c`mon now spanky lol

WOW!dont you think every one in the world would join if someone could show you that.I mean that would pretty much eliminate the whole faith concept wouldnt it?

you know believing in the book would require people to change their ways and they dont want to.thats the problem.

you wouldnt believe it if jesus was standing in front of you!
  19. Mountainman

the song "I Did It My Way"

the song "I Did It My Way"
    could be a sign that one is not saved ??
  20. sparky

sparky Active Member

So what is it that makes your story anymore believable than Tom Cruise's religion??!??

That's what I'm asking.